• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XPE-R4 & XP-G2 Drop In

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallit

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vin.
Im just about to order a XPE-R4 drop in and wondering whats the best current to drive one of these at?
Wanting to get a real thrower drop in.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a little bit of a noob, can you translate the output to lumens on the Multi-Mode High Current & Low Voltage option: 2.7-4.5V max.

Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vin.
Im just about to order a XPE-R4 drop in and wondering whats the best current to drive one of these at?
Wanting to get a real thrower drop in.

I am testing out some XPE-R4 in a smooth reflector drop in and it seems to be great! Excellent filled defined hot spot with no artifacts! I am very excited! 1.8A-2A is the highest we can drive a XPE. But the best current is about 1.5A

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Being a little bit of a noob, can you translate the output to lumens on the Multi-Mode High Current & Low Voltage option: 2.7-4.5V max.

Thanks

For LEDS current is the main variable that control the brightness. What type of batteries you use is related to the voltage you pick. Let me know what battery you are using and what you want from a drop in and I will make a recommendation.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
For LEDS current is the main variable that control the brightness. What type of batteries you use is related to the voltage you pick. Let me know what battery you are using and what you want from a drop in and I will make a recommendation.

I would be looking at a low voltage with a single 18650 or 18350 and a Med voltage with two primaries. Also something in the warm to neutral range if these LED's are available like that.

Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I would be looking at a low voltage with a single 18650 or 18350 and a Med voltage with two primaries. Also something in the warm to neutral range if these LED's are available like that.

Thanks

I am not sure where they sell XP-G2 in neutral yet. But For a neutral tint I really like the Nichia 219. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
BIG THROWER REFLECTOR NEWS

I have found THE SMOOTH THROW REFLECTOR for the XP-G2 LED and XPE-R4. This reflector makes the best P60 thrower I have tested. Unfortunately, I have to order an entire drop in from oversea just to salvage the reflectors for this build.

XPE throws a bit better than the XP-G2 but with less lumen as expected! Hang tight XP-E2 is coming soon!

...Just tested the XRE and the XRE is still in this same league but of course with a less pleasing beam....

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know! I'm thinking of getting a Moonlight-Medium-High driven to 2.1A with the smooth reflector for good throw/lumen output....at the same time I'm looking at your XM-L thread and can't decide what to get!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Good to know! I'm thinking of getting a Moonlight-Medium-High driven to 2.1A with the smooth reflector for good throw/lumen output....at the same time I'm looking at your XM-L thread and can't decide what to get!

If you can't decide just get a 4.2A same modes with Light OP. Copper PCB and solder fill by default now.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just placed an order for 15 Neutral XP-G2s from Cutter! Taking pre-order now!

Status
Not open for further replies.