Wacky dog names.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get emails from adopt-a-pet, and they sent me a link to their site with wacky dog names, so I thought I would share it with y'all for giggles and grins. Enjoy, and if you have some ideas for wacky dog names, feel free to post 'em.

This post is an extension of sorts on the "unusual name" meme.

In high school I volunteered with my local animal shelter (all of our service club members did so). Often we would receive animals whose owners passed away without a plan in place for care of their pet. In fairness, many of the deaths were accidents, so the orphans were unintentional victims. One such intake was a pedigreed cat from a long line of cat fancy gold medalists. The naming conventions for some of those pets can get ridiculous. The most memorable one I encountered was a well trained Persian, formal name Reginald Percival Claudius Adolphus Van Bibber. His collar however told the real story: it read MOUSERIPPER.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_1339.jpeg

Meet "owl food". Formerly known as Chyna.

IMG_9397.jpeg

And Tralfaz

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post is an extension of sorts on the "unusual name" meme.

In high school I volunteered with my local animal shelter (all of our service club members did so). Often we would receive animals whose owners passed away without a plan in place for care of their pet. In fairness, many of the deaths were accidents, so the orphans were unintentional victims. One such intake was a pedigreed cat from a long line of cat fancy gold medalists. The naming conventions for some of those pets can get ridiculous. The most memorable one I encountered was a well trained Persian, formal name Reginald Percival Claudius Adolphus Van Bibber. His collar however told the real story: it read MOUSERIPPER.
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but my daughter has a book called fraidy cat and that's the name of the cat in the book…… I'm not saying your story is false and it gave me a chuckle but C'mon Man. 😁

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Tralfaz was the name of George Jetson's dog Astro, before Astro ran away from his former owner, the fabulously wealthy J.P. Gothrockets.

How's that for boomer trivia. 😎
Exactly where it came from. I'd always wanted to name a dog Tralfaz but someone else always had a "better" name. But one day Mrs Fixer showed me pix of some new born puppies and wanted to know if I wanted one. I said "yup", pointed at one and said "we'll call him Tralfaz". She said "Tralfaz? Ok". And so it is.
IMG_1372.jpeg

The day we brought him home.

And here's Road Kill
IMG_1298.jpeg

The piqu-a-poo

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but my daughter has a book called fraidy cat and that's the name of the cat in the book…… I'm not saying your story is false and it gave me a chuckle but C'mon Man. 😁
It's more likely that the cat's deceased owners named him after the "Fraidy Cat" book character. At the time I thought that his pedigree papers were gospel (I was in high school then; it was during the Bronze Age), but learning now that there is a children's book wherein the same name is featured makes me think that with regard to my story, this is a case of life imitating art.

Kudos to bigburly912 for enlightening me us. (y)