• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Waiting For The Wave

dhshark

Newly Enlightened
How many out there are anxiously waiting for the LunaSol 20 wave? :twothumbs

My wife said that the LunaSol 20 is going to be my Father's day present. Finally getting something other than aftershave. :crackup:

Dennis

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Count me in! I hope it's a decent sized wave, because I just took the money I had saved for the lunasol 20 and got a chimera mini. It might take me a little while to reaccumulate the funds.

dhshark

Newly Enlightened
Hope you manage to get one. I love mine and use it everyday. It's perfect IMO. Good luck!

Thanks I hope to get one or two. Heard such good things about the Lunasol 20 that I may buy two. One to use everyday and one to sit in my safe. If I can find a Lunasol 27 I'll be all set! :D

Dennis

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for another. :thumbsup:

Can't imagine Don'll have the LS20 wave ready for at least a little while, though. I'm sure he was busting his butt to get these 40-something Haikus ready.

Regardless, I have a feeling another wave of LS20's will sell out pretty quickly depending on size. I have a feeling that in the future the LunaSols will be considered some of his best work ever.

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
I love my LunaSols, both my LS20 and my LS27 get used regularly. However, since it´s such a piece of solid and thorough workmanship I can't imaging it failing and the marginal utility of another one seems quite small to me. That is, unless I start using 2 LunaSols at a time :twothumbs. Of course, there is always the risk of loosing one or being robbed........

portagee slim

Newly Enlightened
If I hadn't snagged one already, I'd be frothing at the mouth!:eek: They are really excellent lights!

Drew

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened
I love my LunaSols, both my LS20 and my LS27 get used regularly. However, since it´s such a piece of solid and thorough workmanship I can't imaging it failing and the marginal utility of another one seems quite small to me. That is, unless I start using 2 LunaSols at a time :twothumbs. Of course, there is always the risk of loosing one or being robbed........

The loss/breakage factor is the reason I want a second. I like redundancy in carry tools: 2 Orange XM-18's, 2 custom Glock 19's, 2 LS 20's. I want to be able to replace my carry tools with the exact same if it's her necessary.

I love my 27 as well, but it's a nightstand light, not an EDC, so I only need one of those.

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
I absolutely agree, you can never have too many tools :D , and even more so if they're made of titanium. And even though I am not going to ride this wave I know that those who will, especially those who don't own a LunaSol yet, will be very satisfied with this particular light. :twothumbs

/paul

LawLight

Enlightened
I missed out on the previous waves. Not this time. PayPal locked and loaded, waiting for notification of the LS 20 wave. This is gonna be great!!!!!

LawLight

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
For those of you who hate to wait, and don't plan on using RCR123s in the LunaSol, there is a LunaSol from the first generation for sale in B/S/T right now, and at a very good price. Instant gratification, motto of our age :rolleyes:

Update: light gone in less than 24 hours!

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don had told me that the Lunasol 20 and 27 lights are the most difficult lights that he makes. IF he does do another wave of either one of them, we should count ourselves VERY fortunate as his Lunasols are quite the labor of love for him to go through.

In short, if another Lunasol wave comes, anyone who doesn't have one had better get one while they can. I've got a 20 and a 27 and they are worth every penny. I carry my LS20 everywhere, with my 27 often coming along as well.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I have a questions for the McGizmo veterans.

I know that Don usually makes a post in the Wave Notification Thread before he officially launches the wave.

Do you have to wait until the official sales thread for that wave is up or can you order once you've seen the notification?

I don't want to miss out on the next wave, so I just want to know the rules before the action starts.

Thanks!

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened
I have a questions for the McGizmo veterans.

I know that Don usually makes a post in the Wave Notification Thread before he officially launches the wave.

Do you have to wait until the official sales thread for that wave is up or can you order once you've seen the notification?

I don't want to miss out on the next wave, so I just want to know the rules before the action starts.

Thanks!

The "notification thread" just let's us know a wave is coming. From the time that post is made it's up to us to watch for the actual thread announcing that the wave has begun. After that is when we can send out emails.