Waiting for two old Surefire

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Just bought these two Surefire and waiting for delivery. They should be new and unused. I don't know so much about the flashlights. Anyone have some more information for example age?

Attachments

• IMG_6795.jpeg
    IMG_6795.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6794.jpeg
    IMG_6794.jpeg
    975.1 KB · Views: 101

DE73

Newly Enlightened
I have definitely exceeded my flashlight budget but couldn't resist them. Price was equivalent to 182 usd for both including freight, not a bargain but I hope it was ok. They should arrive beginning of next week. The A2 led is white but I would prefer red but you can't have everything.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
That pricing sounds good actually; esp. including shipping to Europe.

What are your plans for them ? Modifications and/or LiIon rechargeables ?

DE73

Newly Enlightened
That pricing sounds good actually; esp. including shipping to Europe.

What are your plans for them ? Modifications and/or LiIon rechargeables ?
They are located in my country so shipping was not so expensive. I found them at the biggest local auction site and asked for best price if I bought both. Bought them quite quick without thinking so don't have any plans yet. With original incandescent lamp I don't think there is any option for rechargeable batteries? Lumens factory have some led upgrades. I don't know if there is more options for led?

E2E
A2

michaex

Enlightened
Malkoff has really nice heads for that E2e if that's something you'd consider. That's how I run mine :)

And recent release (MDC LMH V2) takes up to 9V so you're safe with any battery setup.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have definitely exceeded my flashlight budget but couldn't resist them. Price was equivalent to 182 usd for both including freight, not a bargain but I hope it was ok. They should arrive beginning of next week. The A2 led is white but I would prefer red but you can't have everything.
you stole them for that price! Very good.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you are willing to go to Lumens Factory you can get a 3.7V incan bulb that is probably for a Pila GL2 and run an orbtronic 16650. I do this in my 6P. I don't really know if any of those lights take a P60 though.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Well if you are willing to go to Lumens Factory you can get a 3.7V incan bulb that is probably for a Pila GL2 and run an orbtronic 16650. I do this in my 6P. I don't really know if any of those lights take a P60 though.
E2E and A2 don't take P60.
I would like to use incandescent and 16650 in the A2 but Lumens factory don't have any bulbs for that.

Last edited:

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
Two of my top 10 lights there. Now you just need the E1e to finish the 'trilogy'. Well my absolute favorite was the drop in Nichia modules for the E2e that Tana (member here) used to make. They were so good because the beam looked just the same as the bulbs. I still use my E2 and for size, output and feel its unbeaten I feel. Just perfect. What a shame SureFire moved away from this style and quality. Everyone loved it,

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course that is off topic
but does noone **** that catalog picture off?
🤔
That was one of the most expensive light (in its size/power class) from the most respected (and also expensive) maker,
and they did not even succeed in getting color matching parts together in their catalog picture?

Who would f. e. accept his new car with different color body parts?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect color matching on vintage SureFires??
Heck, if I saw that, I'd suspect I was looking at a counterfeit.
Yup, I never understood the people who are obsessed with all the natural hard anodize parts exactly matching. Them not all matching is what gave those old lights character. WOW $182 was a STEAL for those lights nowadays.