Waterproof, US made headlamps?

Model_4

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a waterproof US made headlamp, ideally using CR123a batteries. The level of waterproofing doesn't need to be too high, it will see outdoor use and possibly a puddle but no diving. I see the Surefire but I am hoping there are other (less costly) options. Thanks!

carrot

Flashaholic
Most of PrincetonTec's current headlamps are made in the USA. The EOS, Quad and Vizz are waterproof. They all take 3xAAA however. The Remix Pro, which is not water resistant, does take 1xCR123.

However, I must include the caveat that I think the competing, imported Petzl and Black Diamond headlamps are better designed and offer better features.

It seems to me that the Surefire Minimus fits your needs very closely, however I understand not wanting to spring the extra cash.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have one of the surefire head lamps, a saint. It is an amazing head lamp and worth the added cost in my opinion. Compared to the Petzls and Princetons I have used the SF is much nicer, but I coikd have purchased 3 of those for what the SF costs. I think it is worth it for the variable adjustment and great beam pattern.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a EOS "tactical" (comes on in low insteadof high) which is my second favorite only to my blackdiamond whatever, and that is only because I like the rear mounted batt packing the BD better.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Targaryen

Newly Enlightened
I have a Princeton Tec Fuel and its good in the rain. As per post #2, it runs on 3 AAA.
I assume your choice of batteries is due to weight. I doubt it if youll feel the weight difference in what you will be using it for.