• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

Well, if the greater size & expense are not an issue, the 6v version will give you more flexibility and max output ....

a 1x123 XP-G2 :)

I've used this one about every single day since I got it and absolutely love it for its color rendition, throw, and versatility

Also, I'm sure you realize that the XML << XPG2 in terms of relative throw & color rendition.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having trouble deciding if my second Haiku should be an XM-L 3v or 6v.

How did you guys decide if you weren't sure? I'm assuming the 6V is an absolute wall of light, am I right? That's what I'm leaning towards

I have both the XPG & XML Haikus. Both are great.
I chose the 3v for the size and carry ability of the light. They both give plenty of light for just about all my uses.
I have the Terra Ram too. Yes a TON of light, but the little larger size means it sits by the front door rather than in my pocket.
+

blown04gt

Newly Enlightened
Email sent Don! Ugh, and the addiction begins. I just received a cu Prometheus light yesterday as my first official "nice" light and figured I better step up my game and get a McGizmo :D Nothing like starting with the best!

Hoekjor

Newly Enlightened
Finally recieved my first McGizmo. Thanks Don!

DSC1392-L.jpg

Amazing. +1,000,000.

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
blown04gt

My first flashlight was a Promethus also - then I joined CPF and ended up buying 5 McGizmo's and one spy 007 and I have ordered a Tri-V, and archimedes is recommending, I purchase a McGizmo SunDrop with Nichia 119

Last edited:

blown04gt

Newly Enlightened
Just received my torch and for some strange reason....I can't pick my jaw up off the floor!! Don, I am absolutely amazed with this light! I can't thank you enough for your prompt responses, super lightning quick shipping and of course, your amazing design! For anyone out there who has been lurking and hasn't pulled the trigger on one of these....DO IT.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Just received my torch and for some strange reason....I can't pick my jaw up off the floor!! Don, I am absolutely amazed with this light! I can't thank you enough for your prompt responses, super lightning quick shipping and of course, your amazing design! For anyone out there who has been lurking and hasn't pulled the trigger on one of these....DO IT.

:welcome: Well stated and I couldn't agree more!

Hfdcowboy

Newly Enlightened
What is the estimated turn around time on a haiku, since they are made to order?

qmtu

Enlightened

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are the best body combos for both the Haiku and the Mule, IMHO! I'm building a black aleph mule with a black AA body. (Can't afford a beautiful Titanium one, right now)

Last edited: