• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights-ended

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
With over $1300 in McGizmo gear I'm glad that AA is vapor right now, as that's the state of my funds! :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Sad to see the XPG go, even if there are potential improvements coming down the pike...Still the most balanced beam in my opinion, and I still use the heck out of mine daily. Thanks for the vapor update, Don!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Haiku XP-G was one of my first 3 customs :) It still sits in my display case with the Gatlight and 007,

p1000308.jpg

Nice beam and beautiful light!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean that the entire Haiku line would be stopped as you run out of MCPCB boards later? Or does this only apply to the XP-G?

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights

I should be getting a first article from the machine shop in the next week or so and a converter in development that will work off a single AA. It's still vapor but I anticipate some condensation.

Very interested to see how this one turns out. Small question, will the converter max out at 1.5V, or will it be 0.9-4.2 V, allowing us to also use 14500s?

fyrstormer

Banned

Hopefully the driver won't max-out at 1.5V, because Energizer Lithium AAs start at 1.75V full-charge.

The Haiku had a good run. I still have two of them and no plans to sell them. Perhaps it's time to design a new head that uses an updated McR20 with a smaller opening at the rear, since the reflector space in the Haiku was optimized for XR-E-specific reflectors, and it's a bit too narrow to handle general-purpose reflectors.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow - has it been that long since the Haiku was released?

It's a shame the demand for the XP-G version has been so slow because IMO it has the cleanest beam out there. Much better than the XM-L which is too floody in the Haiku (just my opinion).

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Does that mean that the entire Haiku line would be stopped as you run out of MCPCB boards later? Or does this only apply to the XP-G?

I have no intention of retiring the Haiku itself. As I recall it started out with the XR-E LED and has now been host to three generations of Cree LED's as well as now open to a second generation of Nichia in addition to the Crees..

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nichia 119V head should be just as good, especially if you get the 6V variety.

Been thinking about that ever since I read the posting from Don explaining about the 219 Nichia and the 119V. Lately I have some unexpected payments to make so may have to wait.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I do hope the XPG wave will one day re-open. This is the McG I want when I finally get one. And I would love to get my first one from Don himself. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts