WE Boxer problem

pluto

Newly Enlightened
I charge batteries untill green light shows. When I turn it on it only runs for about two minutes then shuts down . When I hook the batteries back up to the charger the indicator light is red but turns green after about five minutes.Reinstall and cut on and light will only run for two minutes before shutting down again. Could I have a bad battery or is this more serious. Thanks

SunFire900

Newly Enlightened
I charge batteries untill green light shows. When I turn it on it only runs for about two minutes then shuts down . When I hook the batteries back up to the charger the indicator light is red but turns green after about five minutes.Reinstall and cut on and light will only run for two minutes before shutting down again. Could I have a bad battery or is this more serious. Thanks

First of all....:welcome:

It sounds like a bad cell problem to me. I would check the battery voltage of each individual cell after the light shuts down. It is probably just one cell causing the problem, hopefully.

Try this and see what you get. Let us know what you find.

Last edited:

pluto

Newly Enlightened
Thanks- Uh-Hello All, I did-not realize that this was my first post here. Thanks
I'll report back what I find out after checking .

Patriot

Flashaholic
Sounds like a problem caused by a single cell, possibly induced by repeated charging in the stock battery carriage. It's a good idea to remove the cells and charge them in a separate external charger about every 3rd time to avoid killing individual cells.

Depending on the age of your cells, you might also consider purchasing a brand new set of 3 cells, like the excellent AW 2600 mah. These typically close to an 65 minutes in my Boxer 24W, which is much better than the 50 minutes that the WE cells provided.

pluto

Newly Enlightened
Checked voltage in all three cells and sure enough one was reading bad. I will have to order some of these 18650"s. Where is a good place to order a quality set of these. Thanks guys for your help.
icon10.gif

pluto

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reference Patriot. I want to support the folks here. Got a lot of GOOD, FREE, info over the years here. Thanks to all ....