Western Australian Get Together

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Haven't been here long enough yet to spend much time there (only a day trip), but it certainly looks a good spot for a few beers and a lazy long weekend :D

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. A few of the lads did one around the end of 2004. I wonder if they're still involved?
yea im still here
there wasnt many of us, three i think
at the DNA tower in kings park - its pretty dark, and fairly central too

ive got a whole heap of new lights to play with
Novatac, U2, Green laser etc for you guys who havent seen them in real life

i am going to have to keep checking back to this thread now

Last edited:

larry2

Newly Enlightened
hi echo63 -yeah, i remember the meet we had in the past...

fusion-M8 yeah it would be interesting to catch up....

i only found this thread by accident, so i'm sure any other people in Wa that are pm'd about a future meet won't mind....

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey larry2;

change in travel plans mate, can't make it to Perth in march'08. However I've organised a CPF meet for melbourne on 29/03/2008, anyone from WA might be interested??

hi echo63 -yeah, i remember the meet we had in the past...

fusion-M8 yeah it would be interesting to catch up....

i only found this thread by accident, so i'm sure any other people in Wa that are pm'd about a future meet won't mind....

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
There were some good intentions involved here but I believe they ended up being used to pave a road to somewhere. :ohgeez:

Since Christmas, I have had a new job. The fly-in, fly out, two on, one off sucks but it does pay for the flashlight hobby and a few other frivolous items (Wife, kids) that continue to chew up the savings. As such, I haven't remembered to come back here and check for any developments.

It's nice to see a little interest here. I'm thinking a date around the end of March / early April would be best. There's no sense in putting this off for too long as I don't believe there are many that will attend. My roster is in the process of being changed at the moment but I should be able to fit in somewhere.

So, to keep interest alive, which night of the week is best for everyone? I'm okay for any night except Sun/Mon/Tues. The offer of snacks is also still there but you will have to bring your own... soft drinks.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hardly ever check CPF anymore. Couldn't quite find the time between work, family and a couple of other hobbies. If there is anything happening before April, I'll try to get in. Then I'm off to Singapore for an extended, and quite possibly open-ended, period.

Haven't really got that many toys, though one really impressive one is the new Lupine "Betty" light. Got lots of great designs that I'm refining, but I really need to get the lead out and actually build something.

Someone please post me an email if a date is confirmed.

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
yeah, i'd be interested
mon-thurs nights suit me

the last time we met at the dna tower in kings park

echo63 came last time
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/62574&page=2

larry

I've just managed to log on from the Pilbara to check CPF and I see a few of the lads have replied to the PM's. I believe echo63 was one of them.

Let me help here: FREE FOOD!

I have to run now before someone notices I'm using their wireless network. :whistle: