What are the best D LSD nimh batteries?

satelite

Newly Enlightened
I just buy one large camping light which uses D cells. I tried to use 3 AA to D adapters with Ikea Laddas and they don't make contact in battery compartment and modding is not an option (warranty)

I looked from Amazon and thinked to buy Amazon Basics LSD D cells becouse they are 10k mAh and they are cheap but what is the best option? I can order them from eBay or Amazon.

Larger capacity and cheap price is better. At my country they sell some Chinese D cells for 15 euros each so that is out of question. Way too expensive.

Almost forgot. I need batterys with big lifetime by charge rates. Eneloop Pro has 500 and normal about 1900 if I remember right. I don't know how many times you can charge D cells before they start to die.

Last edited:

StagMoose

Enlightened
Not sure if they are the best, and likely they aren't, but I have had good luck with the EBL D batteries that can be found on amazon.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so you want cheap, high capacity, LSD, and lots of cycles. No problem! ;)

Honestly, your best bet is to try some different AA to D converters, and use your existing Laddas. I've tried a couple of different brands of D cells, and overall I'd rate them as meh. Tenergy was probably the better, but probably only because it was more recent. You won't get true LSD, and capacity isn't that much better than using 3xAA. Well, it's better, but not worth the extra cost IMO.

satelite

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so you want cheap, high capacity, LSD, and lots of cycles. No problem! ;)

Honestly, your best bet is to try some different AA to D converters, and use your existing Laddas. I've tried a couple of different brands of D cells, and overall I'd rate them as meh. Tenergy was probably the better, but probably only because it was more recent. You won't get true LSD, and capacity isn't that much better than using 3xAA. Well, it's better, but not worth the extra cost IMO.
I already tried. No luck with adapters becouse they don't make contact so doesn't work.

StagMoose

Enlightened
Yes, when they were new they charged to close to stated capacity. All were in the 9k mha range. i don't recall specific numbers as it was a couple years ago, but i was pleasantly surprised. i have not had good luck with EBL AA batteries however. Their 14500s are hit/ miss.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't usually buy things on ebay or amazon due to the rampant fraud, but looking at their listings for D cell NiMH:
- The ansmann max E are an LSD type is probably one of the better choices for a high quality D cell.

Personally I am not yet sold on the LSD types as being beneficial vs conventional types but they are popular.

Making the big jump in assumption that a D cell ansmann will behave similarly to an AA cell , then 100 - 300 cycles, just like pretty much all of the LSD cells.

I am really not quite sure how the cycles claims come from, especially for enloops but they are good for ~ 300 real world cycles just like most others.

aaccyler.com

Last edited:

Latest posts