What do CPF members wish to see of Foursevens ?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally US citizen-owned and operated company, manufacturing their products in the Heartland of the USA. Producing inherently safe, high performance lights suitable for several USA markets, including the non-flashaholic public, to insure longevity. Sports, industry, defense, first responder, etc.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Totally US citizen-owned and operated company, manufacturing their products in the Heartland of the USA. Producing inherently safe, high performance lights suitable for several USA markets, including the non-flashaholic public, to insure longevity. Sports, industry, defense, first responder, etc.
So a unicorn?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something that, afaik, nobody else has... ability to program via usb: set levels, enable features, etc.
As My CPF friend asked, updating the Legacy Smart Quark programming app. While not USB, it featured what You are requesting.
I have been actively engaged with a Massachusetts based school for a few years now trying to make that happen,
hopefully it can this year.

Apparently lights like this do exist...
Agreed. There currently are no mass production factories here to make that happen. Surefire is the closest as of now to US based Mass production facilities that are not actively wanting to work with other US designers/companies interests in bringing high quality US mass produced, quality made lights to the US marketplace :(.
We have a lot of catching up to do.

What do CPF members wish to see of Foursevens ?

My "wish". :poke:
poke47sBlue.GIF

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Headlamps: 1x18650 and 1x18350 options, 4000-4500K with good tint and CRI, flood and spot options with separate switches, low output red light, no flashy modes or at least make them very difficult to get to, usb-c charging, high quality headband, as lightweight as possible.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Seems every headlamp I encounter is either the rechargeable kind, or the kind you can store in a Bug-Out Bag for emergencies. Would love one that bridges the gap. Headlamp running on a single-18350. But can also run off of a single CR123 primary when needed. Perhaps at slightly reduced output on the highest setting.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems every headlamp I encounter is either the rechargeable kind, or the kind you can store in a Bug-Out Bag for emergencies. Would love one that bridges the gap. Headlamp running on a single-18350. But can also run off of a single CR123 primary when needed. Perhaps at slightly reduced output on the highest setting.
An anti-bug amber headlamp would rule. I hate getting bugs in my face when wearing a headlamp. Why doesn't someone make a headlamp with a buglight??!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that supported? According to manifacture specs the 2xAA MKIII head has
  • Voltage Range: 0.9V-3.0V
It will work, but as You mentioned it is not recommended. When a fresh fully charged cell is used is where trouble can come from.
It will work, and is supported using the HV MKIII head and 16650 lion cell battery.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
An anti-bug amber headlamp would rule. I hate getting bugs in my face when wearing a headlamp. Why doesn't someone make a headlamp with a buglight??!
The headlamp holds most Mini's, and a few other similar sized lights using a paper towel to hold them instead of tail magnet.
I would say to add a filter to go as Yellow as You wish. Perhaps have two lights, one with a filter and one without.
I'll try and dig up my swatch book to take a look at what is possible.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see the old Mini AA built again with a new emitter and a lower low.
I loved how tiny it was -- not much fatter than the AA itself. A bit longer because of having a good reflector (and I happily accept the longer length in order to get the reflector -- I just never like TIR beams as much).
I also loved the simple 3-mode UI. I think it was set for about 1/40/150 lumens or so. That's still a good spread, though my preference would be to go for 4 modes and start in a sub-lumen mode (e.g. 0.2/2/20/200).
Ability to run off 14500 would be nice but not essential.
Mostly, I just loved the small size, simplicity, and decent output spacings.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an AA and also an 2xAA Mini.
I too agree, it time for the FourSevens Mini AA MKIII's, and the Mini 2xAA MKIII's.
I like the four mode driver idea.
I will inquire, and try and post more.
GL

Doff_Bader

Newly Enlightened
Support for both AA and14500 in a single light, option to turn off mode memory, a way to check battery life, and updated deep carry clip as appropriate.

• Preon P2 MKIII (2xAAA) with 4000k. If you do it in slate blue I'd be forced to get P1 (1xAAA) 4000k as well. That seems pretty easy since you are out of stock and due for another run.
  • Make a smallest possible 1xAA/14500 light from the ground up patterned after the Preon P1 (1xAAA). Basically a Preon P1 scaled up to fit an AA. I'd be OK with just NiMh capability and the same driver, lumen levels and switch from the 1xAAA Preon, but I think today's market would want 14500 capability and a higher burst to go along with the higher voltage. Make sure a Vapcell 1250mAh will fit and has LVP built in.
  • 16650 twisty tube for the Mini MKIII Turbo. You already sell the battery, the head, and you could keep the same clip. It would be have better proportions and easier to hold, lots more battery capacity and still be really small - a backpackers dream!
  • UI upgrade: I would like to be able to turn memory on/off/hybrid in the programing
I second the suggestion for a 16650 twisty tube for the Mini Mk III Turbo!!!

As a potential alternative, you might consider a twisty tube for the "standard" 16650 light already on offer.

• 16650 twisty tube for the Mini MKIII Turbo. You already sell the battery, the head, and you could keep the same clip. It would be have better proportions and easier to hold, lots more battery capacity and still be really small - a backpackers dream!
Following up on and amplifying brother cave dave's suggestion, if a new 16650 battery tube isn't feasible, perhaps an extension tube for the Mini Mk-III Turbo might be possible instead. Less metal would be involved in its production, and no new tail spring would be needed. I'd buy three, maybe four of 'em (assuming a reasonable price). May I also suggest that this "wish list" product be made available in both black and blue finishes? And if you really want to go wild, make one in polished stainless steel, for those of us who still have and use our older Mk-II lights (and which have the same square-cut threads as the Mk-III series).

Also, this would be more than a backpacker's dream...it would likely be a welcome addition for those of us who travel frequently, whether for work or pleasure.

ironhorse

Enlightened
The Beta QR is going away. A replacement is being teased. I hope it is backwards compatible with the old quick release.