What do you have on your keyring 1xAAA or 1xAA light ?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: Whoops! I meant to post this to another thread and when I noticed it wasn't in the intended thread, I assumed I had canceled it and then proceeded to post again in the intended thread. Sorry about the near-duplicate posts across threads. Mods, the cross-posting wasn't intentional. Please feel free to delete this post.

===original post...in the wrong thread====

I really want this light, but I also want the momentary switch.

Which option is the best for me to take?

1. Wait until the AAA long body is available with the momentary switch
2. Purchase the light with the long keychain QTC body now and purchase the momentary switch when it becomes available
3. Purchase the short keychain QTC body now and purchase the long QTC body with momentary when it becomes available?

--flatline

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an iTP A3 R5 upgraded, but I'm thinking of returning it because I don't like the L>M>H interface. (Reviews said it started on M.) I got this thing because it was bright. I shouldn't have to click my heels 3 times and face toward Mecca in order to get that brightness. I would much prefer if it was H>M>L. The only time I would need low is if I'm going to be using it for hours, in which case I will have plenty of time to cycle through the other modes.

Are there any similar quality AAA lights that have at least two levels, but start out on high?
Univex aaa. H-M-L. A nice clicky that uses aaa or 10440. This light is extremly well made and looks/feels stunning. It's expensive but worth every $. The pictures i have seen of it, don't do it justice. The light has "microscopic rilling" on the dimond cut knurling, its as grippy as a nail file. ( i have used mine as a nail file with good result haha) Not easy to capture small details like that with a camera.
The Liteflux lf2xt can do whatever you program it to, but they dont make them anymore. If you find a used one for sale, expect to pay.
I use the liteflux on my keychain 95% of the time. If i want more bling i use the univex.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Option 2. That way, you'll become familiar with the body and head so you'll know exactly what difference the momentary switch makes. You'll also spare yourself the frustration of waiting; you'll have most of what you want in hand.

I'm in a similar situation: I have an Eiger high-CRI head but no body! While I'm waiting for a 2AAA QTC body, today I bought a non-QTC long keyring 1AAA body on CPF Marketplace.

Or Option 4: Buy the long Eiger 1AAA QTC, together with a $10 momentary switch, at the other Peak dealer: RMSK. RMSK's Bob has that body in all three metals and two or three beam widths, AND the brass momentary switch in stock. (but not the stainless steel momentary and not high-CRI heads).
I really want this light, but I also want the momentary switch.

Which option is the best for me to take?

1. Wait until the AAA long body is available with the momentary switch
2. Purchase the light with the long keychain QTC body now and purchase the momentary switch when it becomes available
3. Purchase the short keychain QTC body now and purchase the long QTC body with momentary when it becomes available?

--flatline

jax

Newly Enlightened
Re: What do you have on your keychain 1xAAA or 1xAA light ?

well i had a quark mini aa with 14500 in it on my work keychain.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

everybody said:
Trying to adapt over here...
I'm afraid it's just too darn small.

jax

Newly Enlightened

The largest light I've ever regularly carried on my keychain is a AAA model. Current one is a gold-colored iTP EOS A3. Works well. But the head is a bit too smooth compared to my Maratac AAA model. (Twin of the A3.)

There's only one AA light I've ever seen that was overall small enough to carry on a keychain. If I had to rely on a single AA light for keychain duty, it would be my original Nitecore EZAA model.

In the near future, I hope to get a Peak LED Solutions N-cell model with lanyard hole to be my regular keychain-carry light. Would prefer the even smaller form-factor.

i was at peaks website tonight and at the top of their webpage under "specials" takes you to a page where they are selling older models,but still unused and new, with the n-cell format for like $15,if this helps and you are looking for a n-cell peak on sale..

freerun

Newly Enlightened
On my keychain, a Photon Freedom Micro, been there for almost 7 years and never failed me. In my pocket, a Fenix LD15.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Just keys on the key ring. I don't carry my keys around when I'm home or at work so the light goes in the pocket. Usually its a Photon Freedom, even AAA it too large for dress slacks. Out at night or on the weekends its a AAA Leatherman Serac S2. A simple, two level clicky. I have a SS REVO, but I've handed it to many people who need instruction to turn it on. They only know "click", so that's what I carry.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

i was at peaks website tonight and at the top of their webpage under "specials" takes you to a page where they are selling older models,but still unused and new, with the n-cell format for like $15,if this helps and you are looking for a n-cell peak on sale..

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go check it out.