What government agency special ordered the X5T-HA

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
Re: What government agency special ordered the X5

If we told you, we'd have to flash ya...

Okay, that was corny... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, I don't know nor do I think we will find out. Something tells me that the ones who ordered these wouldn't be to happy to find their organization's name is posted on a message board mainly about flashlights.

kz1000s1

Enlightened

No, I don't really expect an answer, but I thought I'd ask. A cool light though, and we're fortunate to be able to buy it.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure there was a good reason for the govt agency specifying that they be "sterile" (no markings of any kind on them). In some situations, anonymity can mean a lot.

-Keith

nonbox

Banned

The finish on the County Com Inova X5T-HA is tough. I accidentally banged it on a hard surface and there was no scratch or nick.

How many County Com Inova X5T-HA are there? Is it a small limited run?

zorba

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure there was a good reason for the govt agency specifying that they be "sterile" (no markings of any kind on them). In some situations, anonymity can mean a lot.

-Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

How will it work? It is well advertised on the Internet that this particular light is an Inova unmarked for a unnamed gov agency. If found on someone, during a secret op, it will be related to them...

DumboRAT

Enlightened

neuralizer.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, thats a cool looking light, what is it?

Banshee

Enlightened

Not a light at all..that be an MIB Neuralizer....

As for the unnamed government agency..that's easy it's the ................urk...hey what the,,,gakkk
prgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Edited
I chopped a bunch of "g's" off to bring them back on the screen.....they were hung out about a foot to the right of my screen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif Roy

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
How will it work? It is well advertised on the Internet that this particular light is an Inova unmarked for a unnamed gov agency. If found on someone, during a secret op, it will be related to them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'd call it "well-advertised". I've seen it mentioned here, on County-Comm's website, and over at USN. If you don't know it is an Inova X5T, even if you did a search on the internet, what would be the sesarch parameters that would give away the lights identity? Besides, was it confirmed that the govt agency was a US govt agency? Anyways, even if it is found on an agent/soldier, it will be related to that soldier/agent, not any agency, since everything else he carries should be sterile too.

-Keith

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeese, I neede to rent a car to go from one side of this thread to the other!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I did a little editing and removed some of the "g's". Hope you don't mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luke

Newly Enlightened

As anew member I have only just got into torches and their designs. By Chance I saw a X5 today in London ($88 !!).

I need some good honest replies for this Question/remark.

Why has a torch of this design been chosen for " Special forces etc" use???/ The thing turns itself on all the time. I am surprised that it doesnt have a Positive on /off switch. Even putting into to supplied holster turned it one once..... Bullet in the head time maybe for someone?????

Remember I am looking at torches from a design/concept angle. have you found this to be a problem???

I turned it expecting a solid click action to turn it on.

Cheers

Luke

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
I need some good honest replies for this Question/remark.

Why has a torch of this design been chosen for " Special forces etc" use???/ The thing turns itself on all the time. I am surprised that it doesnt have a Positive on /off switch. Even putting into to supplied holster turned it one once..... Bullet in the head time maybe for someone?????

I turned it expecting a solid click action to turn it on.

Cheers

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

If you will do a little research, you will find out that many (most?) "tactical" lights have the momentary push for on or twist for constant on tail switch. Most of these lights also lock out their switch with a full turn or so from constant on. Lights like this that immediately come to mind are most Surefires, the Streamlight TL series, and the Inova X5T.

If the switch is kept locked out, these lights (with the lock-out feature) will not come on at all. If I keep my X5T's at 1/2 - 3/4 turn from constant on, it never comes on accidentally, yet will light with just a push on the tailswitch. At one full turn, the switch is completely locked out.

People used to "normal" flashlights don't always like the "tactical" tailswitches at first, or at all, but for handheld use with a weapon, the tactical tailswitch seems to be the best option. If used correctly on most lights, the light will rarely, if ever, accidentally activate.

-Keith

Luke

Newly Enlightened

Cheers Keith

I noticed some of the lights have a "hood" around the rubber push switch. To stop false use. The Inova Doesnt. OK it can be turned off by turning the "Bezel"( Could be incorrect term ,but Im sure you understand!!)I was wondering if it was a production cost factor or if it is a proven design that does work in the "field"?????

I am making these remarks as a observer from "The outside" looking in ...

Be Lucky

Luke

DumboRAT

Enlightened

Badbeams,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm laughing so hard I can barely type ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif I'm glad you liked my joke.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

They wanted a light to match their 'Unmarked Black Helicopters.'

But they realized that if the flashlight was black they'd never find it if they set it down... so they settled for an 'Unmarked HA3 Flashlight.'

kz1000s1

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers Keith

I noticed some of the lights have a "hood" around the rubber push switch. To stop false use. The Inova Doesnt. OK it can be turned off by turning the "Bezel"( Could be incorrect term ,but Im sure you understand!!)I was wondering if it was a production cost factor or if it is a proven design that does work in the "field"?????

I am making these remarks as a observer from "The outside" looking in ...

Be Lucky

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

My two X5's require enough pressure to push the button that it shouldn't need a shroud. An X5 will only go on accidentally if you have it turned too close to constant on and apply pressure to the side of the tailcap.

Nice light Allen!
However, its' potential brightness would be a little too much to be practical . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif