What have I done? Visiting 4Sevens today.

Deal4

Enlightened
It's a good thing I don't live close or I would be in a world of hurt with my wife!

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
Positive. I tested them side-by-side, messed around with some other lights, and then came back and tested them side-by-side again. Definite distinct hotspot on the Neutron on display at GG. At anything beyond a few feet, pure butter from the Klarus.

I frequent them at least once a month and I can tell you from experience that all the Neutron there have a very wide smooth flowing hot spot to spill at 10+ feet. From my tests visiting them, the ST20 throws a bit further than any of the Neutron but from what I can remember there still is a more distinct hot spot on the ST20.

Like someone said, it might just be the display model they have there at the time. But I was there to check out the Neutron 1C and 2C for the sole purpose of a nice floody light. Andy had showed me his ST20 before and that sparked my curiosity for the ST/NT model too.

davecroft

Enlightened
At least you get to try the flashlight before you buy. I just hate mail order and all the hassle of returning stuff! And why do you get more faulty flashlights than almos any other kind of product?!!

CoolLEDs

Newly Enlightened
ZebraLight SC51 - Looks great in almost every way, but that side clicky needs to be stiffer. It was a deal-breaker.
:

Tiggercat,
How was the beam of the ZL SC51 compared to the Klarus? Did the SC51 (rated at 200 lumens) seem pretty close in brightness to the Klarus ST20 (rated at 240 lumen)?

Was the ZL SC51 beam as smooth as the Klarus?

Did the guys at GoingGear mention when they expect to receive the new ZL SC80 and Q50?

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Tiggercat,
How was the beam of the ZL SC51 compared to the Klarus? Did the SC51 (rated at 200 lumens) seem pretty close in brightness to the Klarus ST20 (rated at 240 lumen)?

Was the ZL SC51 beam as smooth as the Klarus?

Did the guys at GoingGear mention when they expect to receive the new ZL SC80 and Q50?

As for the 51c, I honestly stopped my comparison when I saw how easily the SC triggered; I knew then that it wasn't a possibility, so I didn't bother with the specifics.

As for the SC80, well, there are advantages to living close. :devil: I was told that they do expect the SC80 in the next shipment, probably in 10 days to two weeks. I didn't ask about the Q50, but I would bet it's in there too. They are supposed to call me when the shipment comes in, and I will make a post here.

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
I remember meeting David in a coffee shop to buy lights from him when he first started his business.

He ran it out of the basement of his house.

Good times; iced mocha, friendly banter and playing with bright lights. That's a memory that lasts.

I've toured their warehouse... and stared in wonder at all the wonderful toys, :huh: smiled silly smiles and :drool:.

geomun

Newly Enlightened
The streamlight now has a friend. Marshall spent an hour with me while I looked at lights. I ended up with the Jetbeam RRT-0 S2 cr123 flashlight. A little more than I wanted to spend but the infinite variable option is very nice. Worked perfectly this morning in the darkness of the bedroom. It has about the same throw as the streamlight but definitely is brighter. Marshall even threw in a free battery. The other light in the pic below is a AA inova light. Not very bright at all in comparison to the other two. The other light in contention was the sunwayman M10R. It is also very nice- small EDC size. The low could be lower. The price is about <$30 less than the jetbeam.

Great visit at goinggear in Symrna. The Klarus Xt10 is a nice, very nice light. Might be back to pic that one up!!

Here are the pics.

led-lights-20110901.jpg

jetbeam-rrt0-s2-20110901-0701.jpg

surefire-battery-gratis20110901.jpg

Good post tigger. I am looking forward even more now to my visit to goinggear this week. Did you meet the youtube king Marshall himself??

I need a friend for the Streamlight that arrived yesterday.

streamlight-protac-2aa-20110831-0726.jpg

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you positive it was a Neutron? The Klarus has more of a hotspot than the Neutron. The Neutron's spill is a much smaller diameter because it has a deeper reflector in relation to the width but the Neutron has one of the most diffused hot spots of any lights without a diffuser that I've ever seen. It is even more diffused than a Zebralight or Malkoff. I find it pretty difficult to see the difference between the hotspot and the spill of the Neutron. You can clearly see a very defined hotspot, cornia, and spill on the Klarus.

At any rate, the Klarus is a great light with a better build quality than the Neutron (IMO).

Positive. I tested them side-by-side, messed around with some other lights, and then came back and tested them side-by-side again. Definite distinct hotspot on the Neutron on display at GG. At anything beyond a few feet, pure butter from the Klarus.

I bought & returned a pair of Neutron 2AA's back in May, and when I shined the Neutron at the wall close up I could easily see a distinction between the hot spot and the spill. But, when I was standing 20 feet away from the wall I couldn't tell the difference between the hot spot & spill hardly at all. Maybe that's what was going on when you were testing it at the store Tiggercat.

Tiggercat

Enlightened
I bought & returned a pair of Neutron 2AA's back in May, and when I shined the Neutron at the wall close up I could easily see a distinction between the hot spot and the spill. But, when I was standing 20 feet away from the wall I couldn't tell the difference between the hot spot & spill hardly at all. Maybe that's what was going on when you were testing it at the store Tiggercat.

That is very possible. It was daytime, and the store is fairly small, so I was not able to check it more than a few feet away.