• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What improvements would make McGizmo's even better?

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I'd like to see more AAA offerings. If Fenix can put out the incredible AAA lights they have then I can only imagine how much better a light using the same emitter would be but with a low/high only and in a PD form factor.

Would like to see a AA light too.

Would like to see a DLC coated light.

Would love to be able to buy some of his room lighting fixtures.

Those are all wants. Now, how could Don's lights be improved? Are you kidding me? This guy is already the most innovative flashlight designer period. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, we are just plain lucky to have him. :)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, how could Don's lights be improved? Are you kidding me? This guy is already the most innovative flashlight designer period. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, we are just plain lucky to have him. :)

Hey...
Hey...
Hey...!

You betcha! :thumbsup:

And if there is reincarnation, I decided long ago that I want to come back as Don. But without, of course, his earlier kidney stone problems, fluids dripping out of places where it shouldn`t drip :green: , and any other physical maladies that Don has endured and shared with us on the CPF.

And then, of course, as Don reincarnated, I would send numerous and copious gifts to Carpe Diem.

Yah! That`s right! Numerous gifts to Carpe Diem!

Reincarnation as Don.
What a dream!

Hi Don! :wave::D

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, more AAA lights, two level, flood beam like the Sapphire.

DLC coating would be great.

Also AA light, like the Sapphire, two level.

Maybe a CR2 light?

brucec

Enlightened
All right, you guys have convinced me. I'd go for a second Kilroy to make a 3 stage PD. That would be pretty sweet if it could be made to consistent tolerances. I have my doubts this is realistic, but if it came along, I'd be all over it.

To expand a little more on the 3-stage PD-S, Don had once told me that the main contact ring in the PD-S converter is just a signal path to switch to high mode. The current path is via the kilroy. It seems like it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to make it signal a switch between 3 modes like in the Haiku. So, no more hard push to hold on high. The hard push would just signal a mode switch. You could twist on and simply push hard to switch modes. It would be a forward momentary switch that could switch while on without having to go through an off blip cycle. Of course, it would probably require a nearly complete redesign of either the PD-S converter or the Haiku converter... :shrug: But that's why Don makes the big bucks and has bikini babe groupies.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, how could Don's lights be improved? Are you kidding me? This guy is already the most innovative flashlight designer period. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, we are just plain lucky to have him. :)
I couldn't agree more!! :twothumbs

portagee slim

Newly Enlightened
Find a group of monkeys to build the waves, so they'd be more predictable!:crackup: And your choice of a Todd Begg MIG, or Hinderer XM-18!:nana:
Realistically, I like where Don is going. I hope the enonomy picks up so the next waves sell in timely manners(And I can get one now that I'm back to work), so Don can continue to experiment and bring us his vision of what works.

Drew

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want a HA nat or Ti PD with a warm white Q3 5A Cree:whistle:

Sverre

Daekar

Enlightened
I haven't had the fortune to be able to handle one of Don's beautiful creations personally, but I would like to add my opinions:

1) Warm/neutral white emitters would definitely be a good thing. The Sundrop illustrated vividly that spectral distribution DOES matter, and it might be nice if that experience was reflected in future lights.

2) Expanded battery support. I think it evident that li-ion cells are widely distributed through Don's target market, and as long as he feels he can produce efficient circuitry of quality that he is pleased with, I know there are CPFers who would relish the opportunity to pair an AW cell (particularly the 16340s and 18650s) with their functional work of ar... I mean, tool. :thumbsup:

3) I love bare Ti. If I ever manage to convince my bank and my fiancee to let me purchase one of Don's lights, that's the way I will want it. That said, I find that my pupils do quite enjoy lingering on the Ti AAA Killers with coatings. I don't think the "blinged-up" wild coatings are necessarily consistent with the attitude exuded by the McGizmo line, but I find many of the plain coatings pleasing, and as I understand, very functional as well.

carrot

Flashaholic
Just keep cranking out Ti PD's and I'll be happy!

Also, what happened to the Mizer option when the Lunasols came out?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
All I want is a McGizmo light that isn't so darned cute.

ilovedon.gif

john

deusexaethera

Banned
So THAT's where it was hiding. That should be on the front page of McGizmo.com, in big letters: "PRODUCTS".

Latest posts