What in the World Will I Use a TK70 For?

Kilted

Enlightened
"What in the World Will I Use a TK70 For?"

Well, if World War I ever comes back, you could go on Zeppelin patrol.......

You mean like this;?;

http://www.airshipventures.com/about

IMG_0099c-300x150.jpg

=D~~Kilted

How Goes It

Newly Enlightened
For golf.

Sometimes, I save money and pay the TWILIGHT rate.
This means a later afternoon start.
And of course the start time for twilight depends on the course and time of year.
Anyway ---- this means that I may be finishing the last few holes in the dark.

If I'm walking and using my push cart, I imagine the TK-70 comes with a shoulder strap. So I could use the strap to hang it off of the cart.

And if I'm using a motor cart -- you've got the wire basket behind the seat to carry the TK-70 in.

I've used a flashlight to help me see the ball I'm hitting. A friend stands behind me and holds the light.

With the TK-70, I should not only be able to see the ball at impact, but also see the direction the ball is headed, and maybe even see it land.

If your a golfer that plays twilight from time to time, you've got a legit reason for getting this thing.

-----------------------------
Steve, AKA How Goes It

Murphjup

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple acres figure it would be good to see the critters out...lol

:)

magnum70383

Enlightened
Just to revive this thread, I just ordered one and waiting my for it to come! ha ha I had absolutlely no use for it unless for camping!!! So... did the OP end up buying one? heehee

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used it last weekend to vacuum the floor.

Well, to tell the truth, It was an excuse to help me drain the batteries just to recharge them before the weekend - if the temperature is nice enough I should go take some beamshots in the field :grin: but the floor is very clean!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Just to revive this thread, I just ordered one and waiting my for it to come! ha ha I had absolutlely no use for it unless for camping!!! So... did the OP end up buying one? heehee

Nope. Haven't purchased a flashlight since the E03 XML came out (months at least). Never went this long without buying a flashlight since joining cpf. I even started a thread about my disappointment with manufacturers for failing to build something I'd want.

I seem to be the only man in the world who misses the old road lantern concept. As I said before if you put the batteries BELOW the tk70 in a cube shaped box held by a handle above you could make the head adjustible. Now you could put the thing down on the road and aim it. Carrying would also be easier. Tk70 is a waste of a great head because it has the wrong battery holder.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tk70 is a waste of a great head because it has the wrong battery holder.

Because it is built down to a price using the cheapest and simplest battery holder arrangement. I like the sound of the torch you describe, but it would probably cost at least half as much again to make something like that, and you wouldn't be able to choose between three and four batteries by simply removing part of the tube.

DENGOH

Newly Enlightened
TK70 will be very useful in troll hunting. There might be troll in the woods those we can't see with weak light at night. TK70 will let you see everything. :)

DWood

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to use the one I just ordered to light my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. After once or twice, the wife won't complain about the beam from my Zebra Light on low. I can't wait to be able to fire up 2200 lumens any time I want to, just because I want to. Got mine on sale at 25% off :).

joe1512

Enlightened
You can feel safer when walking with it knowing that you are actually carrying a lit warmace with you. If you don't have a gun, this light would be an ideal "check stuff out around the house" light. Will blind anything (including yourself) and beats carrying a baseball bat.

It also tailstands (albeit delicately), so if the power goes out you can set it up to replace the lights in the room. Forgot smelly weak candles or your 1x18650 lights. Your neighbors will be jealous and knock on the door demanding to know why YOUR power didn't go out cuz your lights (apparently) are still on! Tons of runtime on the 900 lumen mode.

Plus its cool!

Last edited:

Samy

Enlightened
Look, if you have to ask then you really don't need one. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get one.

;)

cheers

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
You could use it to signal aliens on other planets or as a head light on your car or as a runway landing light for airplanes. The options are limitless!!!!

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
Any chance any part of your name is Moses, and do you have a large body of water near you that may need to be parted in the future?

recDNA

Flashaholic
You guys are not helping me find an excuse to buy myself a gift this season.

bpollard

Newly Enlightened
we use it for checking the sheep at night, for shooting foxes (at quite a range) and for scaring of burgulars who stole our lawnmower before we got the TK70

DENGOH

Newly Enlightened
You guys are not helping me find an excuse to buy myself a gift this season.

I don't see any practical reason you will need this light since you don't do rescue as you said.
But I will advise you to buy it as owning this light doesn't need practical reason. It is one of the best designed flashlights in 2011. Don't miss it. :)

Anyway, I think it will be best if Fenix release different battery holder for this light either, for example 6 D cell size by size with a handle, that will sure make this light shorter and easier to carry around.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Have you seen that movie starring Will Smith? You just never know when you might need mega lumens. Okay it's the most impractical light in the world but you have to have it. If all else fails, EDC it and attach it to your car keys!