What is a good drop in to use in a DIY bike light?

Guy's Dropper

Enlightened
My dad has been complaining about his 70 lumen mountain bike light lately, and I want to get him something that will blow him away. I was thinking of getting the TerraLUX TLE-300, putting it in a Maglite head with a handlebar mount. However, Batteryjunction just discontinued this drop-in and replaced it with the TerraLUX TLE-300M-EX http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-300m-ex.html I can't find any reviews for it. Is this still a good choice? Anyone know of any +500 lumen drop-ins with a nice, floody beam pattern that would be better for biking?

herulach

Enlightened
What kind of battery does he have? You may find you can put together a p7 in a mag c-head for cheaper.

If you don't have batteries you could check out the magicshine p7 light.

DM51

Flashaholic
This sounds more like a normal LED Flashlight question than a bicycle-specific one.

I'm moving it to the LED Flashlights section for now. Depending on how it goes, we may move it back later.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't find any reviews of the new Terralux, give BatteryJunction a call. Matt has been straightforward with his advice, which is why he is a well respected member/dealer here.

Guy's Dropper

Enlightened
What kind of battery does he have? You may find you can put together a p7 in a mag c-head for cheaper.

If you don't have batteries you could check out the magicshine p7 light.
I'm going to make a battery pack with some extra 18650s I have laying around, so power consumption is not much of an issue.