What is the brightest LED flashlight under 4" long?

SP-1

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, my goal is to look for an unbelievably bright led light that is under 4" so I can EDC it. I'm wondering if there is a light this small and can produce 100+ lumens or close to it. Also it MUST HAVE Tailend Click switch. Basicly I'm looking for something like the fenix p1d-ce but with a tail end clickie. Thanks

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Huntlight FT-02xj..can use a 123a primary, rcr123a (3.7) volt or a second body with 2 AA. This little guy with the single 3.7 unprotected cell is just great. Probably around 80 lumens...but a great spot...plenty of spill....and white,white, white....It's HaIII coated...around $50...if your going camping I think you can bring something else...but I carry mine bare on my belt with the strong built in clip. YOu can go hi tech and spend big bucks...but this is a great light! Note: there are several models of this light..I think they even have a u bin available for $80? I can't imagine it being any brighter or whiter than the T bin I have....( 3 and a half inches)

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at Don's A19 Cree XR-E or the new Ti Mcree XR19-C, Both lights are Cree XR-E powered, have two stage light levels and are 4" or less, use one 123 cell.

XR19-C, Don's not shipping these right now because he is out of some parts but you can get on the build list.
A19 XR-E Cree from the Shoppe

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the ones listed above (never seen), but the Fenix P1D CE is VERY VERY bright! It is tested at 111 lumens on high and 59 lumens on medium. It is incredibly small as well. Way under 4".

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want Wide or tight.
These little babies are very bright KL4's.
They are wide beam lights.
Now If one of these was modded with a cree it would be even more amazing,
They are very nice as they are.
Yaesumofo

twins.jpg

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the A19 Cree XR-E and Fenix P1D CE,

They are both very bright, to my eyes, the A19, slightly brighter. The build quality of the A19 is superior and should be able to be carried with hard use for years.

The Fenix for the money is very bright, multiple levels and for the money, a bargain, in my opinion. Surely it would be a good choice, if $ are important! (and aren't they always!!!)

jeffb

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree the A19 rocks.

Keep in mind that it is slightly overdriven at 819mA.
Of the 4 Cree based flashlights I have it is THE brightest.
Yaesumofo

jeffb said:
I have both the A19 Cree XR-E and Fenix P1D CE,

They are both very bright, to my eyes, the A19, slightly brighter. The build quality of the A19 is superior and should be able to be carried with hard use for years.

The Fenix for the money is very bright, multiple levels and for the money, a bargain, in my opinion. Surely it would be a good choice, if $ are important! (and aren't they always!!!)

jeffb

Latest posts