What is this scorcery??!!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought an H53c used that just arrived today. Previous owner rigged the strap so it's pure comfort against your forehead and no vertical bars pressed into your head when you take it off. I'm sure someone has posted something like this before but it's new to me! Light still slides in easy and has a bit more friction holding it in place. Love it. IMG_2950.jpegIMG_2951.jpeg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great tip. I'm going to try that on my H51fw. The pressure on my forehead from those were so annoying
The comfort level is off the charts. That was always one major annoyance I had wearing a Zebralight headlamp. No longer an issue.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Woo hoo!

Yeah, that mod makes a difference. I learned about it a couple years ago when I read about it in an AZ review for the Wowtac A2S headlamp, which I eventually received.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Maybe you're wearing the strap too tight? I've had ZL for decade+ and never had discomfort problem...

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
When wearing the headlamp as setup from the factory, it's not an issue for me when worn loosely. However, when hiking or doing work where I tighten up the strap so the light doesn't move, the outside pieces dig into my forehead and leave annoying marks after taking it off. This is more apparent with the H600 series over the H5xx series.