What Level Can The Eagtac DX3B Clicky MKII Be Ran At Safely?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought an Eagtac DX3B Clicky MKII. I also have extra Eagtac 18350 batteries for it. If I want to run the light continuously, what level can it safely be selected? I will use it as a cap light and want to run is continuously, but I don't want to damage it, if running it too long on a high level will damage it.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought an Eagtac DX3B Clicky MKII. I also have extra Eagtac 18350 batteries for it. If I want to run the light continuously, what level can it safely be selected? I will use it as a cap light and want to run is continuously, but I don't want to damage it, if running it too long on a high level will damage it.

I don't know for sure, but they advertise 'active thermal management' on that model, which would suggest (to me) that you shouldn't have to be too concerned about over-temp. I see this note (which is from the Illumination Gear site, not the recently revamped ET site):

*After 30 seconds at maximum output level (100%), the active thermal management feature will be activated and continuously adjusts the maximum output level according to the flashlight internal temperature. The adjustment output range is between 70%-100%. This feature maintains the flashlight surface temperature to be about 130°F (54 °C) for W1900 (higher surrounding temperature may result in higher flashlight temperature). It's normal for high power flashlight to run hot at MAX level. Reduce the output if the user finds the flashlight too warm to hold.

Edit: BTW JAS: If you'd like to firm that up or expand on that info, I'd also recommend that you shoot an e-mail to IG and see if they have anything to add regarding this. I've found them to be extremely responsive to e-mail comm, and generally quite helpful in my experience.

Last edited: