What to do with an old R.O.P?

Wattnot

Enlightened
Maglite1.jpg

Maglite.jpg

So I thought my old R.O.P. was dead but it turns out it's just one of the C cells. I tried finding them but didn't have much luck. I was able to get the light to work by making a quick adapter (wrapping a folded piece of paper around two 18500 cells) and low and behold it came to life!

I was thinking of putting it on Ebay but they don't even have a category for it that I can see and even if I find an appropriate category, I doubt anyone would "get it." I bundled it with a brand new 21700 I can't use (because I bought it before I knew the Fenix C7 drew around 9 amps and it's only good for 5), the two C cells (one good, one I'm not sure) and an extra 18500. I put it up on a competing site that allows classifieds but it seems the whole world has moved on to LEDs. I'll never use it and it's too nice and cool to throw away. Too complicated to give away. Ugh, sometimes I hate when things change!

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need new "C" sized lithium-ion cells, I think 26650 cells are the right size (I don't have any to measure, but I think CPFers have used them.) The Orbtronic website is selling them for 12 dollars each at the moment.

If you want to sell or trade the light, I'm sure someone here on CPF would be willing to take it off your hands.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Great news that it's not dead! Track down a proper cell replacement and then use the crap out of it. (y)

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

It'll seem more appealing in wintertime with snow on the ground, I'm sure.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a great light to me. I still take my incan lights out to play. I love the color of the light and remembering all the good times we had when having lights that powerful was beyond rare.

Wattnot

Enlightened
More good news ... I found some very reasonably priced batteries that should be perfect for this on aliexpress. Item 2251832844808682 - $20 shipped for a pair of them!

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
By adding a 50mm extension tube, your flashlight will take pair of 21700 cells and power up same bulb with well over an hour run time per charge.
(NOTE) Pair of 21700 protected cells are same length of 3 "C" cells.
Diameter of 21700 cells are about 4mm thinner than "C" cells and can be wrapped with piece of carboard.