What's on your key chain?

newo

Newly Enlightened
House key, "key" / remote (M Benz), FireFli (zinc air hearing aid powered mini light), golf kart key, monogrammed disk that came with key ring.

Ready

Newly Enlightened
I have on my keychain only one key and:
-Photon Freedom Micro x2
-Silva compass
-BSA HotSpark
-Mini Fox40
-P38
-Safety Pin
-Truck Remote

Ready

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well:
ARC Premium AAA
Photon Freedom (White)
Metal Pill case for my Type-2
Swiss-Tech Tools/LED
Nail Clippers
Keyless entry
And 11 keys

chiphead

G-force

Newly Enlightened
SeberTech M2 SeberTool
m2graphic.gif
Dimensions: Closed - 1" Wide, 1-3/4" Long, 1/4" Thick
Open - 1-1/2" Wide, 3-1/4" Long

Victorinox Midnight Manager II

midnight_manager_ii.jpg
Length: 58 mm, 2 1/4"

10 features:
1. blade
2. scissors
3. nailfile with
4. - screwdriver
5. cap lifter with
6. - magnet. Phillips-screwdriver
7. - wire stripper
8. key ring
9. light emitting diode (LED)
10. ballpoint pen
Gerber L.S.T. II
6990.jpg

• Overall Length: 6.32"
  • Length Closed: 3.78"
  • Length of Blade: 2.67"
  • Weight: 1.4 oz.
  • Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
  • Handle Material: Glass-filled nylon
  • Blade Style: Drop Point
  • Blade Type: Fine
  • One-hand opening

Swisstech Utilikey

utilkey.jpg

Photon Freedom
photon-freedom_arrows.gif

2" Aluminum Tube Whistle (not REI, as shown below, just cheap version off rack at ACE Hardware)

Charlie Fox

Newly Enlightened
G-force said:
SeberTech M2 SeberTool
m2graphic.gif
Dimensions: Closed - 1" Wide, 1-3/4" Long, 1/4" Thick
Open - 1-1/2" Wide, 3-1/4" Long

I have one of these...picked it up at Walmart for $5 on closeout! A friend of mine calls it a "Leatherboy":)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
the keychain itself is a Sabre Kubaton with a "hidden secret" (4 shot pepper spray canister) got it because it's cool ;), keys are a standard mix of car/house/storage unit/bike locks/roof rack/business deadbolt keys, no other things on it (yet), i'm planning to do a LED modded Maglite Solitaire, as i hate the "squeezylites", but the Solitaire is useless in it's stock config

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread by the way!! On my key chain is an ASP Elite flashlight, an Atwood whistle, and a cuff key. Soon to be added will be a Arc Premium flashlight!

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
Here's mine:
Keychain400.jpg

Includes:
Aunoc AAAA
Leatherman Squirt P4
Mini Superknife (uses mini utility blades - it's freakin' small and sharp!!!)
Small pill fob

frankm

Newly Enlightened
This is one of my hobbies.......putting together the perfect keychain. But it never works. I change my mind every couple of days. Right now I'm going minimalist. I've got 2 housekeys, car key and car-remote and a Streamlight Baton-light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
No pictures here because mine is simple.

Automobile Alarm Remote
Ignition Key
Photon Freedom II

"That's All Folks!"

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
frankm said:
This is one of my hobbies.......putting together the perfect keychain. But it never works. I change my mind every couple of days. Right now I'm going minimalist. I've got 2 housekeys, car key and car-remote and a Streamlight Baton-light.

You should find a quick release keychain like in my photo above. It's perfect for what you are talking about, it's a flick of a button to add/remove items. I don't keep everything on my keychain all the time. I'll take the leatherman off sometimes just because it's heavy and I know I won't need it. Other times, I will just carry my main keyring without the rest of the keychain. It also has the added advantage that everything on it is free to rotate any way it wants, so when you put it in you pocket, it seems to take up a lot less space and you are less likely to be poked by anything.

frankm

Newly Enlightened
Sideman7, thanks for the suggestion. I do have several Victorinox connectors that I think are what you are talking about. They are very handy. I'd show you a pic but I'm not allowed to post attachments. Does anyone know why?

Makarov

Enlightened
frankm said:
Sideman7, thanks for the suggestion. I do have several Victorinox connectors that I think are what you are talking about. They are very handy. I'd show you a pic but I'm not allowed to post attachments. Does anyone know why?
Hey Sideman, you need to upload your picture to a site that allows hotlinking, like Imageshack.

Just upload and paste the url from Imageshack into your post.

carrot

Flashaholic
Metal whistle, keys, bike key, bottle opener, on a cheap carabiner. (I save my real carabiner for more important things.) I used to have a Utili-Key and a Swiss-Tech Multitool with the pliers, but I can't seem to find either right now. Stopped carrying a Leatherman Micra after cutting myself on it when jamming my hand into my pocket. Photon Freedom micro on a separate carabiner.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my key chain, I have an Atwood whistle, an ASP Elite, Inova green LED, and Arc-P.

Chris201W

Enlightened
carrot said:
Stopped carrying a Leatherman Micra after cutting myself on it when jamming my hand into my pocket.
carrot, you carry the micra in your pocket with the blade open? :huh2:

carrot

Flashaholic
Chris201W said:
carrot, you carry the micra in your pocket with the blade open? :huh2:

No, it was on a keychain attached to my belt loop and when I put my hand in my pocket, the wings opened up enough for my thumb to get cut on the blades of the scissors.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I crazy that I blurred out the key details? I wonder how hard it would be to duplicate a key from a picture, find your address and just walk right in your house? LOL:laughing:
cimg0476vx8.jpg

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
just keys :)
i don't like any of my gadgets on my keys, because i find it too noisy and unbalanced to use a knife or light with a jingling bunch of keys attached

offroadcmpr said:
and a keychain version of a figure 8 descender.
a functional one?
i'm looking for a very small descender to use with a 6mm rope

carbine15 said:
Am I crazy that I blurred out the key details?
not necessarily. i once successfully duplicated a dimple lock key after just looking at it for a couple of seconds, it was all i needed after measuring the specs from another key of the same system :devil: :whistle:

Last edited: