Whats the best 900 lumen p7 flashlight

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, at risk of sounding very repetitive the XTAR-C2-P7, which I have, does just this.

Please look at the review by Amonra.

Maybe its the only reliable light in this price range, but presumably that is why Lighthound stocks it since they are one of the best
retailers known on CPF and are not known for selling bad products.

I have yet to purchase one. Even my DX MC-E drop-in P60 style needed a bit of soldering. I have almost given up with the cheaper P7 lights. I just want a 99% turnkey light or drop-in. So, far I like the Mag P7 custom job the best. 2nd I like the Malkoff MC-E in a 6P bored w/18650 extention.

I do have 2 Trustfire Q5's on the way. Here is too hoping that these work good off the bat and continue working for months to come. I have a Fenix headband that can hold 2 1in lights and plan on sticking 1 on each side. Headbands are usefull tools when working on your car at night. :twothumbs

I will look into the Amonra. Thanks for the tip.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I have yet to purchase one. Even my DX MC-E drop-in P60 style needed a bit of soldering. I have almost given up with the cheaper P7 lights. I just want a 99% turnkey light or drop-in. So, far I like the Mag P7 custom job the best. 2nd I like the Malkoff MC-E in a 6P bored w/18650 extention.

I do have 2 Trustfire Q5's on the way. Here is too hoping that these work good off the bat and continue working for months to come. I have a Fenix headband that can hold 2 1in lights and plan on sticking 1 on each side. Headbands are usefull tools when working on your car at night. :twothumbs

I will look into the Amonra. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome. :)

Please note that for this light AW protected 18650 li-ions are recommended.

Some other 18650 li-ions will not work as they have their protection mechanism tripped by the high current to the led.

You are correct in that its very hard to find any good, cheapish, quad-die lights.

I stumbled onto the XTAR-C2-P7 when I typed SSC-P7 into the search box in the Lighthound web site and then quickly ordered one.

Then I searched for it on CPF and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was backed up by positive feedback including the detailed review by Amonra.

When I received it, it worked like a champ straight out the box, no tweaks necessary.

It outputs 500 lumens+ and this only drops very slowly so that it retains most of this output for nearly all of the life of a charge on an AW protected 18650

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spend just a bit more and get the Eagletac T10LC2. THey are awesome....extremely bright if needed, and a very long runtime on the low mode . THe 60 lumen low mode is actually quite bright, and would easily work for caving and hiking. Great quality light and this new model uses the 18650 battery.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Spend just a bit more and get the Eagletac T10LC2. THey are awesome....extremely bright if needed, and a very long runtime on the low mode . THe 60 lumen low mode is actually quite bright, and would easily work for caving and hiking. Great quality light and this new model uses the 18650 battery.

But its not a P7 flashlight. (and probably nowhere near 500 lumens in output)
The OP specifically requested p7.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome. :)

Please note that for this light AW protected 18650 li-ions are recommended.

Some other 18650 li-ions will not work as they have their protection mechanism tripped by the high current to the led.

You are correct in that its very hard to find any good, cheapish, quad-die lights.

I stumbled onto the XTAR-C2-P7 when I typed SSC-P7 into the search box in the Lighthound web site and then quickly ordered one.

Then I searched for it on CPF and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was backed up by positive feedback including the detailed review by Amonra.

When I received it, it worked like a champ straight out the box, no tweaks necessary.

It outputs 500 lumens+ and this only drops very slowly so that it retains most of this output for nearly all of the life of a charge on an AW protected 18650

I been using IMR 18650 cellls due to the high current. What is the advantage of using a protected cell. I too rather use a AW black protected 18650.
What is the advantage??????????????

easilyled

Flashaholic
I been using IMR 18650 cellls due to the high current. What is the advantage of using a protected cell. I too rather use a AW black protected 18650.
What is the advantage??????????????

AFAIK, the IMR cells have "safer" chemistry in them, but will not last as long on a single charge as they have less capacity.

Li-ion technology (ie as in std. 18650s) is not considered as safe, but that is why the AW protected li-ions are protected
against over/under discharging and have thermal protection too.

Latest posts