What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Im a more of a knife guy then a flashlight guy.

Your pic does not suggest that. LOL.

They both look top shelf to me!

At work I EDC a Kershaw Chive, a gift from my son, because it is small and unobtrusive. Away from work, a Benchmade Bone

Collector (3.5 inch blade). I have cut about everything imaginable with that D2 tool steel blade and it just keeps coming back for

more.

chaoss

Enlightened
Love the small Sebenza! I carry (and use!) mine every day. I broke the blade once and CR fixed it under warranty. Awesome tools from an awesome company!

I noticed you have the tool end of hex-rivet-thingies on the opposite side of mine. I never realized they'd work oriented that way. Did it come that way, or was that your choice to change them over?

Works either way, shown in stock configuration. Some purists prefer the non tool side to show on the presentation side.

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
This resizing is a PITA.
0f0a7c88-2bac-48f9-b8da-edb515654cd7_zps87f19d92.jpg

05b0883f-8580-48ff-acf8-ff07ff4e9646_zps972cf26b.jpg

Enlightened
A few months back I noticed that Benchmade was offering custom Griptillians and Mini-Grips. I want a little nuts and put together a black coated modified sheepsfoot S30V blade with a hot pink handle.:eek: It's amazing how a silly handle color can make a 3½" razor sharp blade look completely non-intimidating.

Any way, my EDC rotation has been this, a red Blur and a dark Corian Mcusta Tactility. The Grip gets the most comments by far.

172e70ae-65e6-4f4e-94b2-e968f61bebd1.jpg

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened
That depends on situation! What day is this?

EDCHawkKnifePistolampTiSundrop003-Copy800x533_zps6ca8295c.jpg

EDC ProTech Custom Godfather Auto with Mike Norris Stainless Damascus blade
EDC First production run Kimber CDP II Compact from their Custom Shop with some additions of my own
Butches Forge early hand forged 'Hawk with fancy curly maple haft hand fitted by me
EDC McGizmo Sundrop XM-L single level high

Last edited:

horgerg

Newly Enlightened
I've tried quite a few knives for EDC, but narrowed it down to one of the following:

Strider PT
Spyderco Tim Wegner Jr
Spyderco Delica 4
Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 555HG

All of these work very well in an EDC role.
Right now I have the Mini-Grip clipped to my pocket. :)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I learnt about SOG & loved their "Arc-lock" series, just like the TS mentioned.
It is one of the easiest to open knife, straight from the pocket.

I used to have the Pentagon Elite 2 but lost it & I'm now holding the X-ray mini..
It is much smaller & less intimidating.

I also tie a small lanyard to make it easier for me to remove it from my pocket & it also act as a grip for my pinky finger because the handle is a wee bit too short for my whole hand.

JonK

Sent from my Awesome phone from somewhere in the mountains

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of the german law regarding the carrying of a knife in public I decided to buy the first knife I ever had. A Victorinox ;). So I bought the Spartan model which is my EDC at the moment and I really like it. It took me a long time to find a suitable EDC and the solution was right there.

But my favorite knife is definitely the Benchmade Griptilian espacially the 551/556. I just love the look and the AXIS-lock. Have a 556 Mini and a 551 with orange scales is on its way ;).

rayman

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd been using a SOG X-Ray Vision for a couple of years, but recently switched to using a SOG Vulcan Tanto VL-03 as my primary EDC. I love it... to the point where I can't stand smudges on the polished steel san mai blade. ;)

OCD

Enlightened
Got a Benchmade 300sn in early January of this year. Been in my pocket almost every day since. Waiting for the ZT 0566 to become available and will see if that can bump the Benchmade.

Enlightened
OMG~! First time reading this thread and already got a new shopping/wish list. Beautiful collection guys.

I like to switch it up once in a while and this is currently my EDC. It's a Ganzo G709. I like knives that are distinctive looking as in this one with the donut hole.

7983159846_3384547f7a_z.jpg

7983164568_8d0483e1e3_z.jpg

I really like this design, it looks like it would be irresistible to play with while watching TV. :)
I'm waiting on a 706, 708 and 709 that are apparently walking from China.

Mark

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seem like the SOG X-Ray Vision is a pretty popular knife ard. :D

JonK

Sent from my Awesome phone from somewhere in the mountains

Enlightened
I've got a couple new knives entering the EDC rotation. I'll post some pics soon. Gotta make up for the pic of the hot-pink Grip! Even though it looks silly, I sharpened it with an Edge Pro Apex, polished it with a 6000 tape, stropped it and for some strange reason a piece of my thumb is missing.

Did you know that a 3% sol'n of Hydrogen Peroxide will remove blood stains from cloth? And that the gas given off is flammable? Oh the great things you learn when you're young and stupid.

Mark

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't been very impressed with Chinese folders, although some can be quite decent for the price. THIS one is just wild looking, never seen anything like it. I doubt it's as usable as a mainstream quality knife, but for the price I just had to order one. :D

Enlightened
I haven't been very impressed with Chinese folders, although some can be quite decent for the price. THIS one is just wild looking, never seen anything like it. I doubt it's as usable as a mainstream quality knife, but for the price I just had to order one. :D

I picked up a Kershaw Compound ($19 on Amazon) and the quality is very good. If it didn't say "China" on the blade I wouldn't have guessed. Now I'm not sure about the 8Cr13MoV but I've been hearing some good things and I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't expect it to be as nice as the 14C28N Kershaw is using domestically, but time will tell. Hey, they make some nice flashlights! :)

Mark