What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

Gryffin

Enlightened
No way I can narrow that down to one single knife. I'm kinda mission-specific that way. Plus, I go out of my way to rotate knives in and out of my EDC, since as you know, variety is the spice of life. (Either that or oregano.)

I typically have different sorts of "load out", and my current fave for each is:

Dress: I work in a corporate headquarters, and while it's pretty casual, we're talkin' khakis/Dockers instead of jeans. Current fave, for about the last two years actually, is a Kershaw 1436 G-10 Hawk. Thin, flat, weighs almost nothing, the matte grey clip doesn't scream for attention, but it packs a flat-ground 3¼" clip point ATS-34 blade. Back-up, when I don't want to whip out the bigger blade in mixed company, is a Victorinox Executive that lives on my keychain.

Summer casual: out of the office, I favor lightweight nylon blend shorts or cargos, without a leather belt, so don't like a lot of weight. The Kershaw Hawk is my go-to here as well, along with the Vic Executive, although when I *really* wanna go light, the Executive alone is usually all I need.

Cool weather casual: jeans, or khakis; my fave the last few months is a Benchmade 581 Barrage, the new model with the aluminum bolster. Manages to be both elegant, and no-nonsense practical at the same time. That Vic Executive is usually on my keychain, but I often back it up with one of a half-dozen favorite slipjoints.

Working around the house or yard: my favorite workhorse is a big, beefy CRK&T M16-10z. Just can't bust the thing, and Lord knows I've tried! For lighter-duty work, my backup is an old Schrade/Craftsman 4" stockman with brass bolsters and stabilized rosewood scales. If I can't handle a cutting job with those, then I need a sawzall or an axe.

Kitchen: while I have some nice chef knives and a very handy santoku, believe it or not the knife that sees the most use is a Victorinox/Foschner 4" Parer. No, really! It's bigger than the usual 3" paring knife, smaller than a typical 5" utility knife, but it's so light, slim, sharp and just doggone handy.

Last edited:

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
I have been using a lot of gerbers and scandies .

my newest knife is a Fallkniven NL 5 Cowry X . it will be a user from next weekend.

79_-1710030894.jpg

manoloco

Enlightened
This is my fixed blade EDC:

Diaz tools Frog Leg:

FROGLEG2.jpg

that sheath is a bit bulky, it now comes in a slim kydex one

DSC00309.jpg

I modified it a bit:

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
This Remington Jack has replaced the Case Canoe in Left front.
RemingtonJack.jpg

This small Dog Leg Jack has replaced the larger one in right front.
ImperialRIDoglegSmall2.jpg

Dynamite could not remove this from clipped in right front.
TwitchII.jpg

gunnerdog

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the SOG Twitch II for when at work/in public.

I usually have the Kershaw Rake with me in the woods:

KS1780CB.jpg

Last edited:

Maxbo

Newly Enlightened
new to lights but not to knives. So I thought I should post here first.:cool:

my edc lately: Paramilitary 2 camo s30v
edit_preview.php

scaled.php

new0ne.jpg

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Small classic Sebenza, all day & every day.

This, well, mine is a leftie model...
For heavy tasks Ive got a Chris Reeve Green Beret 5.5 inch but its currently away in Chattanooga having some custom Kudex pants made by the boys of RMJ Tactical.
And for a multitool Ive got the Skeltool CX with full bit kit. With these three knives I havent come across a situation I couldnt handle with ease.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Today a blue alox farmer is in my pocket:

UF%252520Victorinox.JPG

in my edc rotation are also some Spyderco's (Tenacious, Kiwi3, Military), a traditional Hen & Rooster and some other Victorinox knives

psycho

Newly Enlightened
My para 2 has been getting a lot of pocket time. I bought a spare just in case.

para2.jpg

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We are going to a Family Reunion today. In Honor f my Grandpaw I shall carry his two most used knives.

A Camillus 72 Carpenter's Whittler with a pretty worn Main blade but still GOOD snap on all blades:
Camillus1.jpg

And a WELL worn Schrade Old Timer 80T with very little snap left (upper knife:)
GrandpasSchrades.jpg

The yeller knife lower is an 881Y and is almost as good as it was brand new except for that perfect Patina!

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I used both knives to cut steak and sausage. Them that saw them and asked did not seem impressed that they had been Grandpaws.

Pity on them as they fought to do with plastic knives what I did easily with the very sharp blades!

notrefined

Enlightened
at work my EDC is a spyderco Assist...everywhere else is a case doctor's knife of great sentimental value plus a more recently received gift, a spyderco titanium military. This forum has recently helped me find great new clothes & friends for both of them :)