What's your favorite pocket knife?

jlowe2

Newly Enlightened
my favorite pocket knife has got be my mission MPF-1, it is way over 50.00 though. next would be my surefire alpha,wait that over 50.00. i don't know if i have a below 50 dollar knife.:)

S

stdlrf11

My two favoriates right now are my Byrd Cara Cara and my CRKT Desert Cruiser.

CRKT_BYRD_3.jpg

stdlrf11

JohnnyDeep

Newly Enlightened
My favourites are the Strider PT, the small Sebenza and the William Henry Titan. I alternate between the three.

Jan

striderpt4hu.jpg
[/IMG]

carrot

Flashaholic
EsthetiX said:
I kind of want something that looks deadly... Just to scare anyone who wants to F with me. HAHA.
I would strongly recommend reconsidering the idea of using a knife for scare tactics and/or SD. If a person is not dissuaded by you flashing your blade you have to be ready to fight and mentally prepared to kill someone. And if you kill someone you have to be within certain, very tight legal bounds or you will go to prison.

Anyway, if you're looking for a scary looking blade, look no further than the Spyderco SPOT. http://newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=6214

EsthetiX

Enlightened
carrot said:
I would strongly recommend reconsidering the idea of using a knife for scare tactics and/or SD. If a person is not dissuaded by you flashing your blade you have to be ready to fight and mentally prepared to kill someone. And if you kill someone you have to be within certain, very tight legal bounds or you will go to prison.

Anyway, if you're looking for a scary looking blade, look no further than the Spyderco SPOT. http://newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=6214

well i wasnt saying im ganna go out waving a knife around.. more rather trying to emphasise I like the idea of having something kinda tough looking.

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
I used to switch from knife to knife. Gerbers, Kershaw, Sherade, Buck, etc. Picked up a limited edition Benchmade 940S while in Anchorage, Alaska back in 2002. I've carried it every day since and has been an awesome knife. You get what you pay for, IMO.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spydercos Byrd line most be the best bang for the buck line ever! I ordered a Cara Cara and really look forward to getting it.

Small thoughts about the Spyderco Police and Civilian. Why do they have a stainless steel handle on the Police? Since this should be a "tactical" knife, why dont they use G10 or FRN? Much better grip, which should be very important.
And the Civilian doesnt seem to be so practical for everyday use, but thats understandable since it's designed for self defence. But that blade seems totally inappropriate for stabbing, just slashing. Why? Stabbing(and not thinking about wide overhead swings à la Psycho) should be much easier to do and harder to block than a slash? Just my opinion.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Lobo said:
The Spydercos Byrd line most be the best bang for the buck line ever! I ordered a Cara Cara and really look forward to getting it.

Small thoughts about the Spyderco Police and Civilian. Why do they have a stainless steel handle on the Police? Since this should be a "tactical" knife, why dont they use G10 or FRN? Much better grip, which should be very important.
And the Civilian doesnt seem to be so practical for everyday use, but thats understandable since it's designed for self defence. But that blade seems totally inappropriate for stabbing, just slashing. Why? Stabbing(and not thinking about wide overhead swings à la Psycho) should be much easier to do and harder to block than a slash? Just my opinion.

I totally agree. Especially in regards to the Civillian. That thing doesn't seem practical at all other than for scaring/killing people. :)

X Racer

Enlightened
Strider SnG, but its way more than $50. The Bradley Cutlery Alias and Alias II knives are very nice too, but also more expensive...

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
EsthetiX said:
Can anyone say anything about the Camillus EDC (I just kind of like the way it looks in the pictures I've seen).

The Camillus EDC is a very good knife and a bargain for just over $25. Keep mind there have been some complaints from people with larger hands, saying the knife does not fit them as well as others. A big plus for the knife is that it is a framelock. I prefer framelocks and lockbacks over liner locks.

https://edcdepot.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=1&products_id=5

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I like the police and plan to get one soon. I also like the cara cara and orderd one in black stainless and in FRN. I will see which one I like better. The endura is similar to the police, cheaper, but a bit shorter, and that is available in G10 or FRN. Also, I think the military is similar to the police but in FRN, but its $$.

The byrd line is a great bang for the buck, but but the blades are 440 SS. After you use a V10 blade you won't go back....they hold an edge much longer.

carrot

Flashaholic
The wave feature, patented by Emerson, catches onto the edge of the user's pocket when drawing the knife, allowing the knife to be drawn and opened in one quick motion. You can see said feature on select Emerson and Spyderco knives.