Where to buy Nichia GS

codypop

Newly Enlightened
The best Nichia GS LED's that I have found are the ones available from Amilite. W rank, C0 tint. The brightest bin with the warmest tint available.

There shipping fees are a little confusing, just go with the $5 registered mail option - it is international. Took about 2 weeks to get to me in Australia.

Good luck :)
Wow, they are very fast with their turnaround. Paid on the 16th, received on the 21st! This to Brisbane, Australia.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
They ain't jeleds if they are whiter. Jeled 55cds are known for their angry blue beam with random yellow blotches. They're probably using some other die.
Hmm, I might wanna try some of these Light of Victory ones...

I received another packet of "Light of Victory" 55cd white yesterday and they perform the same as the ones I bough a few months ago, so I'd say you are correct. LOV LEDs are cool white (but no blue tint) and even tint across the beam.

I also got some 20ma "Piranha" Flux LEDs from them. OMG are these things bright. Ideal for wide angle, low current light source. Unfortunately, They are not binned in any way and you get form purplulish white to yellow white color tinits, so you'll have to self bin them before use.

Last edited:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the ebay listing number to the Flux LEDs: 350085219102
Looks like 50 is the minimum order. $19 (free ship)
The other LEDs are in their ebay store.

I am currently running a 192 hour 30ma "fade" test on some to see how they hold up.

2009Prius

Newly Enlightened
Any update on where to by the Nichia GS or other bright, narrow angle, low power 5mm white LEDs? Thanks!

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my 100 pc. bag of Nichia GS LEDs. I don't have many left so can only sell two at a time. They are the brightest bin (Rank W) and warmest of the cool white tint (bin c0). Contact member "milkyspit" if you are interested in qtys of 100 or more.

I sold them because I found better LEDs, The Cree C503C series. These are very bright, last long and don't have strong blue tint to the beam center as do the GS LEDs.

I have brightness bins 23-28cd, 28-32cd. Tints in the Wk-Wm range. 15 Deg beam. They are for free plus shipping ($2). PM me if interested.

Latest posts