Where to find 100 mw laser pointer

Laser2012

Newly Enlightened
Hi, everyone, I wanna find a 100 mw laser pointer. Do you have some good introduction?

How much will a 150mw laser cost? Will it be safe to use? I am not so familiar with that. Hope can hear some opinion from you. :mecry:

Last edited by a moderator:

buds224

Enlightened
I bought a 200mw green laser from wallbuys. It was roughly $20. I have kids, so the fact that it has a lockout via key was what sold me. I also got the protective goggles.

Go to their website, and search the keywords: laser green lock. Only 1 result. Looks like it's still going for $19.89.

It's got a pretty powerful beam, so I would advise getting the safety goggles with it since the kit is so inexpensive.

Laser2012

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I hear about it. I am still thinking about it. For 200mw seems not so safe. Anyway, thx all the same.
I bought a 200mw green laser from wallbuys. It was roughly $20. I have kids, so the fact that it has a lockout via key was what sold me. I also got the protective goggles.

Go to their website, and search the keywords: laser green lock. Only 1 result. Looks like it's still going for $19.89.

It's got a pretty powerful beam, so I would advise getting the safety goggles with it since the kit is so inexpensive.

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
One needs to treat 100mW exactly the same as 200mW. Both will make a permanent blind spot if the light goes straight into your eye. You have to respect laser light to play safely with it. Always plan the beam's safe termination, and control the beam path (never let anyone put anything into the beam!).

Laser2012

Newly Enlightened
Well, it seems that's reseanable. So I am thinking about look for a high power. It just I need one for my work. I also have some protective kit to control and protect it.
One needs to treat 100mW exactly the same as 200mW. Both will make a permanent blind spot if the light goes straight into your eye. You have to respect laser light to play safely with it. Always plan the beam's safe termination, and control the beam path (never let anyone put anything into the beam!).

mikecu

Newly Enlightened
Laserpoint.com has a 200mw green one for about $13. including shipping.