where to get flashlight coated

wrxzzz

Newly Enlightened
I have a surefire lego with different color HA coating. I want to have the entire light recoated but can't find a place to have this done. Does anyone know where to go? I'm open to different coating types.

CRCJeff

Newly Enlightened
Have you ever heard of Hydro-graphic Printing or Water Transfer Imaging?

You can do a search on Youtube and they have several videos hosted there on this subject. It was such an intriguing process I ordered a tank to start doing this myself. I'm still a few weeks away from getting the tank but very excited and anxious.

Jeff

wrxzzz

Newly Enlightened
Yeh, I saw that but I can't PM him. I posted that I was interested on the thread but other than that, not much I can do.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case you haven't seen it:

images uploaded, 2nd post updated, spreadsheet now sorted by members & clarified included.

If anything is incorrect please email me or make a new post here.
Please do not edit post earlier than this one. I use it as a marker and only read post from this point and newer.

wrxzzz: email me modamag_std [at] yahoo [dot] com
Phredd: I just want to confirm since this is the ONLY HA-black so far. I'll make it happen
stevevh: The polish is required if your light have sharp edges which might cause to the coating to flake although rare but I've seen it before.

wrxzzz

Newly Enlightened
Crcjeff, sounds interesting. I'm going with black HA from modamag but post an update on your tank. I have other lights that can use coated.