Which 2011 Ra light would you purchase?

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the title states, which 2011 Ra HDS Systems light would you purchase?

I am ready to bite on this new rotary light, but need a little push before hitting the check out button. Also please justify your vote, so everyone can see why you chose your specific selection.

Also the poll is very general. Clicky or Rotary.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want to restrict to warm/neutral emitters or even better high CRI if they are not too warm. Sundrop is very very nice. Lightflux had by far the best neutrals. Jetbeam and Malkoff have had warm tint's I've liked.

I'm not convinced the Rotary is a good UI enhancement, I know I'll probbaly eventually have to buy on to find out... but if I could get the light I wanted without the Rotary at a fair price I'd do it, rotary is not a requirement for me.

I like the Black Bezel, I wish the dealers carried more options with the black Bezel.

I'll only buy the flush tail-cap, and I ABSOLUTELY expect it to tail stand. No stand, it's defective.

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
I'll only buy the flush tail-cap, and I ABSOLUTELY expect it to tail stand. No stand, it's defective.

That's like saying 'I expect it to uncork wine bottles...if it doesn't do this particular thing that *I* want it to do, then the product is defective.'

It's only defective if the manufacturer claims it will tailstand and it does not...

just sayin'

broonzbane

Last edited:

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
A rotary 200 flush tail cap is what I purchased...I'm quite happy with it so far.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the rotary 200 and find it a handy light. Bright or dim it is just where you left it last. The light can be brightened or dimmed with one hand. It's a wonderful light.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd pick up a Rotary in R4 Neutral if it became available, that should be able to max out at 170lm. I'm not that interested in a Hi CRI ~ 100 lm light.

To me the low temp CRI seem to render colors poorly even with there claimed high CRI values, so I think the R4 Neutral is a better compromise of color and brightness.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. I hear the next batch of High CRI from HDS will use the CREE led, if they are the current 3000K color temp, then I won't be biting on those. However given the turdle pace that HDS works at, by the time he's ready there may be better tints available. I'm sure if they are he'll be picking them up for his rotaries as well. He's not know to spend the time or money for the top bins though, so I think we'll see nice light from several other manufactures long before they are in an HDS.

fl0t

Enlightened
I will be buying a Rotary High CRI when it comes available. My GF needs a flashlight with high CRI since she uses mine to search for paint bottles. Sometimes the tint is not accurate.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light is my high CRI clicky (100 lumen)

so the high CRI rotary is a must have for me when its available

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, just waiting for the high CRI Rotary before pulling the trigger on a new light.