which battery do you prefer

Which battery does the best justice for you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3rdDerivative

Newly Enlightened
Until Eneloop LSD batteries, it would have been depends- cost vs long term storage. Now with new LED and LSDs, CR123s seems very specialized and only interest for me would be like emergency light when even even one year is too short.

Wyeast

Enlightened
I like CR123's for extreme conditions (cold, high power density in a small package, etc). But for day-to-day utility, I like AA's a lot. They're ubiquitous, easy to find, and you can plunder just about any battery powered item for some spare juice.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Every battery you mentioned has its advantages...

AA, cheap and available everywhere
AAA, small size is just about perfect for keychain lights
CR123, delivers a lot of 'Ooomph', light weight and outstanding cold weather performance

But what I prefer?

Li-ion....

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use rechargable CR123's in the majority of the lights that i grab and use around the house. But I actually only own about 8 of thoose and i have more than 30 rechargable AA's (mostly because I use those in 9aa-3D holders.)

Overall i will say I am far more pleased with the usage of my RCR123's than i am out of my NiMH AA's. Maybe i just got lucky and got a batch of the fameous leaking CBP1650's but about half of them didnt make it past the second charge. Hopefully the IB2000's that I just got yesterday to replace them will do better.

Being able to get primary CR123's from Battery Station for $1 each makes it easy enough to pick those up 20 at a time. So the availability isn't an issue for me.

Shane

r3d33m3r

Newly Enlightened
Long John said:
No primarys. Recheargables all the way, best 18650 LiIons.

Best regards

____
Tom

I can power my house for a day on 18650 Li-Ions, but i only have 17 cells of 17670, and i have a lot of MAG D . you do the math.
:whistle:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main criteria is: RECHARGEABLE. I have trouble throwing things out. I use AA NiMH and Li-ion 3.7v and 3.0v. Both have their advantages.

Slightly off topic: I just finished my first ever LED emitter swap, putting a Cree in a Dorcy Super 1 Watt - and when I use a 3.7v RCR123 in it WOW - it's daytime!