Which brand of CR123 lithium battery do you use?

Which brand of CR123 lithium battery do you use?

• Duracell Ultra

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Energizer

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Sanyo

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • SureFire

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • Streamlight

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • Titanium

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Other

Votes: 41 23.2%

• Total voters

scottaw

Enlightened
I have a pile of Surefire and Duracell Ultra's (bestbuy closeout, sweet) I've had great luck with both of them in single and double cell applications.

But on a day to day basis, my EDC uses an AW rechargable, such a better option for heavily used lights .

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Rayovac's because of there high mah......i also have Energizers, Duracells, and a couple of titaniums.

dulridge

Enlightened
Use very few of them. Still using up 10 fake Panasonics I got off ebay a couple of years ago. And I don't use them in multi-cell lights. Real Panasonics are fairly cheap from 7dayshop in the UK so if i wanted any more I'd get those.

I only own one light that requires primary CR123's (The xenon bulb dies instantly with RCR cells) and it's a single cell light - ability to take RCR cells is a deciding factor when buying stuff for me. I will not buy lights that can't take RCR cells.

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Aside from the initial Surefires that came in my 2 lights, 6PD, G2. I also had a free set of Energizers that were given to me. My main supply of 123's are Streamlight. That is what the dealer carries here so I figured when I went online to buy more I would get the same brand, Streamlight. Another reason I got them was they are cheaper than Surefire brand and Duracells.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
But as for an everyday edc light that takes cr123 i use rcr's..........it saves me money on primaries.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I normally use AW's RCR123's but I have a stack of primary CR123's as back-up; they consist of SF, BatteryStation (still have a few left from when I got 10 free with my HDS U60 purchase almost two years ago), Duracell Ultra, Sanyo and finally, a couple of Streamlights.

If I had to use only primaries, I would probably go with BatteryStation's as they are decently priced and very reliable.

Last edited:

Philbee

Newly Enlightened
I voted Panasonic a while back.

Maybe some of the "Other" votes are members who only use rechargeables, but just wanted to have a vote. :thinking:

I voted "Other" because the Rayovacs weren't listed but I mainly use 16340 in torches that get more use and keep CR123A's in the ones that are used less frequently.

All my torches are stored RTG.

DasFriek

Newly Enlightened
I would normally avoid posting in a thread that has been resurrected after 3 years, But i think it would be good to compare whats changed if anything over the three years.
Ive tried three types of 123's and not had any issue with any of them, But ill be opening the 5-pack shrink wrap on my Titanium Innovations and testing for dead cells and pairing them off if needed. I bought a 12 pack but haven't used any yet. But the reviews they get at BJ and only $1 a piece they seemed like a great deal.

My local shop sells Surefire for $2.50 each if you buy 12 at a time so i have a box of them.
And my M20 Olight came with 4x Tenergy i bought to try out.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
panasonic made in USA, because there's a german dealer that sells them for 1.31 € which is incredibly cheap for made in the USA cells around here.

hoongern

Enlightened
It was mentioned a couple times (By one of the CPF dealers - there's one reference here) that many of the US brands are simply rebranded cells made by Panasonic (i.e. Surefire, Rayovac) - so I just go for whatever is the best deal at the moment as long as it's made in USA. Apparently there are rumors that all US-made CR123s are made in the same factory.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
It was mentioned a couple times (By one of the CPF dealers - there's one reference here) that many of the US brands are simply rebranded cells made by Panasonic (i.e. Surefire, Rayovac) - so I just go for whatever is the best deal at the moment as long as it's made in USA. Apparently there are rumors that all US-made CR123s are made in the same factory.
I've heard that several times, too.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I bought tenergy rechargeable batteries and only get about 16 minutes on max with quark 123 s2. I also bought generic outbound from a china eBay seller and they last longer. Latter are unprotected so they drain all the way down. The tenergy batteries just shut off (protected). I also have a box of Titanium brand 1400mah batteries thar amazingly good. They were a $1 each.

yliu

Enlightened
Voted for Energizer! Although I found an online dealer selling Panasinics forna good price, so I might be picking some of those up.