which charger can charge D size NiMH batteries?

david57strat

Enlightened
If that's your definition of "sidetracked" I'm very curious to see what "focused attention" brings about!

p.s. I will post the Maha power adaptor specs for your perusal shortly.

When I focus my attention on something, it's scary lol.

Thanks, in advance, for posting those adapter specs :D

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MAHA site states, ..."Delivers 2000mA of current for AA, C and D batteries, and 700mA for AAA batteries", but they don't specify how many D batteries could be charged, simultaneously at that 2 Amp rate.

All they say about the power supply (probably a humongous wall wart) is "100-240V 50 / 60Hz universal AC adapter", but there is no mention of the amperage output, nor is there is a picture of the power supply, itself. I'd hate to imagine how huge that thing must be, and how hot it must get, when working at full capacity.

Just the same, I had been wanting to purchase one of those 8-slot MAHA chargers for a long while, but got side-tracked, when I started buying Nitecore and XTAR chargers lol

Not pictured - 2nd XTAR SV2 charger, and 1 Nitecore SC2 charger, on its way :)

The 808 will charge all 8 cells at 2A. I haven't measured actual charging current. But the charge does not slow down when you are charging 8 cells, which indicates that it can maintain a 2A charge. As for the adaptor, it doesn't use a wall wart. Rather, it uses a box similar to many laptops. The box says that it has two outputs: 18V at 2A and 20V at .1A.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I focus my attention on something, it's scary lol.

Thanks, in advance, for posting those adapter specs :D

I got a little distracted but here you go:

IMG_0415_zpsixnju51p.jpg

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
FroggyTaco, you are 110% correct about the MH-C808M being a great charger... Got mine last week and I have already saved a lot of time.
Just today I was able to condition 8 AA's all at once. My first time using it I charged 2 D's and 4 C's all at once and it was quick. (Radid charge).
This is a great charger for NiCd's and NiMH's!

Lateck,