Which Lithium chemistry is best? And why? ICR vs IMR vs INR, etc.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I HAVE noticed is that true ICR cells maintain voltage with decreasing state of charge better than hybrid cells. If, for instance, you compare the older Sanyo UR series cells to the newer Sanyo/Panasonic NCR cells, you can REALLY tell the difference - the UR cells have a much flatter discharge curve.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I use all,for run times in "undemanding" uses(say sub 4a) then ICR 3400 pany cells,naked as Chris puts it:). Not too demanding then protected ICR for multi cell lights like the tm15 to name one. More high demanding lights then 25R or LG 2500 etc etc like the triple quad and tm06vn to name just 2.

INR and IMR i use in ecig mods due to higher amp ask,not that i push them to what they are rated,maybe 6a-8a tops depending on atty ohm.

Then the world of vinh,modded lights i again use IMR or INR in both single and multi cell lights. With cells like the 30q at 3000mah and 15a rating,also pany BDs 3200mah and 10a and soon 3500mah............well INR or IMR hybrid cells make a good choice imo. Come a long way from 1500/2000mah for run times in lights. No tight fitting in carriers,no squashing of springs with PCB's taking up 3-4 or so mm(example).

My latest cells have been pany BDs,Samsung 30q and 25R,LG 2500,Efest 2500 and 3100mah. Guess a trend going here :laughing: For the lack of 300-400mah,i pefer the more stable chemistry as i dont run cells down all the way .

I would say just best for a specific aplication,ICR still hold their own like pany B for run times and life cycles.................

Ven, you're tried many vaping device and battery combos. Is there a stand out that you like especially?

Also, in the vaping community do you see any emerging preference or shift for a particular chemistry and/or battery?

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there magellan , I don't really go on vape forums much , so not too sure on the latest brand choices . IMR/INR chemistries will be what's used in higher demanding applications(sub ohm) .

For me I like Samsung ,LG ,Sony ,Panasonic and Efest flavours,to pick out of them would be difficult. I have found there is not much in it with my uses/demands ,even if one cell is 2500 mah and another 3100 mah when vaping.

Flashlight wise i have 25R's and LG's mainly for higher drain multi cell flashlights , I even have some in lower drain lights too(another bonus being a little shorter due to no PCB). I have more Samsung than LG,latest are the 30Q which IMO offer a good balance of runtime/performance/value with 3000 mah 15A .

The new Sanyo 3500 10A are on my list for future purchases to try out:thumbsup: