which model Brinkmann LeD flashlight do i have...????

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
:wave::wave:

i bought it at home depot, it has 12 LED's and it holds 3 aaa batteries with a tail switch.it is very bright but i want to see if i can modify it.
Problem with that is i dont know what model it is and i have searched for a few days now to only find the 9 led model, but not the 12-led model.
Please if anybody knows the model to this Brinkmann, then post it for me. it is greatly appreciated.
Can i purchase a different top,meaning the whole bezel -led-driver combo ?i would love to make this a super bright light. thank you all.......

here are the pics....

100_0770.jpg

100_0766.jpg

100_0769.jpg

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have the same showerhead, just branded under the home depot Husky name.
dscn9410dk9.jpg

dscn9409qr6.jpg

I paid $5 for it, and honestly its worth about that much. Its a pretty terrible light by CPF standards. I 'm severely over driving it with an 18650 and my wife uses it around the house. I for on wouldn't invest any $$$ into modding it.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to the tailcap design in my 3xAAA lights, an 18500 is the largest cell they could take.

Ideally they would need 21550 cells, but such a beast does not exist.

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
yea, looks just like that HUSKY flashlight.

isnt there a drop in mod for it, i dont mind spending more than what the light was bought for ,$5 bucks. i mean if i could invest like 25-35 dollars and make it a sick light then i would do it.
You guys know better than me thats why i am asking. thanks in advance.
:mecry::naughty::broke::shrug:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Nice light and pictures DaGreenLantern, however could you please resize them because they exceed the maximum permitted size limit on CPF which is 800x800 pixels. :)

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're going to spend that kind of money, just get one of these for $25 and be done with it. :twothumbs

a_58p.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Its really not worth the time/effort/$$ to mod it.
-Thread quality and machining tolerances are very poor.
-Front lens has no retaining mechanism, and is poor transmission quality. Its literally a thin piece of plastic thats crammed into the cylinder.
-No thermal conduction path to cool the LED.
-Non standard bezel inside dimensions. Its going to be difficult getting a 17mm DC-DC board and emitter star to fit. You will need to custom fabricate a pill to house the emitter and DC board.
-It has O-rings to seal out water but they are of no use since the machining tolerances do not sum up to create a tight water seal.

For the amount of money you will need to spend modding it, you may as well just buy a new light.