Which NovaTac? P or T?

sawlight

Enlightened
I think the p is the cats meow!!! One click is 10, push and hold it's 120. That easy!! Look at the car, push and hold to scare the drunk, let off and do you're paper work. Push and hold again when the drunk gets ancy.
But you can program it any way you like, and not have to worry about the tailcap getting clicked when you put it in a pocket.

Buffalohump

Enlightened
I've been looking at these two lights myself lately...

The 120P seems to be the one that gets all the love around here, which I can understand given the high level of involvement that CPFers have with their lights.

However, I think if what you are after is just pure blazing light in a high quality package, then the T seems to be the one to get.

If Murphy has anything to do with it, the KISS principle must always be followed.

The only thing I would change is the button as I prefer the flat button of the P. Thanks to the wonderful dealers we have you can do this at a later date no problemo.

If it were me, I would choose the T. (gee, I made a rhyme... :p)

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the 120P. I got it and love it. Reading the manual online seems confusing, but once you play with the flashlight while reading it, it's pretty straightforward ... and once you set your Novie, you could keep it in that setting forever. I only tinkered the settings once or twice after I got it.

Don't get too caught up on the naming convention of the 120P. The Primary, Secondary, Min, and Max could be set up anyway you want. For tactical purpose, you could set your either set your primary setting to max or have your Max setting the default mode when you turn the flashlight on. You could do something like:

(1) Primary - 120 lumens
(2) Secondary - anything you want
(3) Minimum - anything you want
(4) Maximum - Strobe

gottawearshades

Enlightened
That about sums it up for me.

I think the p is the cats meow!!! One click is 10, push and hold it's 120. That easy!! Look at the car, push and hold to scare the drunk, let off and do you're paper work. Push and hold again when the drunk gets ancy.
But you can program it any way you like, and not have to worry about the tailcap getting clicked when you put it in a pocket.