Which Strider Folder

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
Strider is selling all of the knives they can make faster than they can make them, and the re-sale market for the products is very strong. Not a recipe for "going out of business any time soon. That rumor can be quelled.

As to paying $15 to send a knife back in for service, I have personally paid a fee for sharpening, tightening, whatever to Emerson, Spyderco, Benchmade, Al Mar Knives, Kershaw, Blade-Tech, etc. Strider is not alone in charging a small fee for work done on their knives. If it turns out to be a defect or something, I think you will be pleasantly impressed in how they treat you. Strider and Blade-Tech have particularly impressed me, personally.

All of the above named manufacturers have great customer service. Strider is among the best. I was stunned by the way Strider treated me, in a very positive way.

$15 is not a small fee, and BTW those companies only charge the $5 or so for return shipping if you are getting a knife sharpened. I can understand this 100%.

Thos in my experience Spyderco , Bm and Kershaw have sent my check back to me if warranty repair work was done. It was there responsibility the product was broken or defective, not the consumers.

$15 seems like alot of money to me for a problem that is not caused by the consumer.

Oh yeah I own a SNG you can see all the pics here

http://www.vincentp.net/thegallery/thumbnails.php?album=9

Last edited:

Dutch

Enlightened
ive always thought, "if you can afford a strider, you can afford $15"
most expensive things come with expensive maintence and shop tweak fees.
i just figure im buying their beer while they work on my knife, fine with me.

Thank you Mossy!

If there is an issue that stemmed from workmanship or some other concern in manufacturing, you call the shop and discuss the resolution. You will not have to pay anything. This is aside from the fact that you can be the tenth owner twice removed.

Besides this, don't be surprised if you get your knife back and it has been re-worked in more ways than you anticipated. I have received knives back from the boys that have been graced with new G-10 scales, various parts, and freshly sharpened without my asking. The Strider Crew goes above and beyond with a limited staff and a huge demand in providing new product.

The fee is essentially for return shipping and the costs involved with handling.

Thanks!
Dutch

cy

Flashaholic
don't get me wrong... don't like the $15 charge either. but due to Strider's policy of no weasel, lifetime warranty residing with knife, not just original owner.

totally see how a $15 fee would cut out frivolous returns. it worked on me this winter. was sledding with SMF clipped to rear jeans. fell off at speed... ripped SMF off, twisting ti clip.

in no way was strider's fault, but they offer to replace clip. just send in and they would take care of it. costs was $15...

I thought... why pay to send SMF in and pay $15? so I took ti clip off and bent it back into shape on my vise. sure it has a few scratches on clip, but so what. it's a work knife anyways.

now is this a good bend back clip job or what? :D

smfclip.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts