• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Which tint(s) does RMSK sell?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak's site lists the Eiger in two tints: cool white and neutral white. Which tint does RMSK sell?

What about other Peaks that are made in two or more tints. How do we know which tint we're getting when we order from RMSK?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you supply the LED, Curt only makes lights with premium bin "cool" white XP-G R5.
Although most lights are available with UV, IR, or any available XP-E color by special order.

Bob can special order from Peak for you too.

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Jabe1 is correct. Peak used to offer the two tints when they used the Rebel LED. I have one with a cool Rebel and it is the most neutral tint I own and even seems warm compared to all my other cool lights. The Rebel LEDs where very nice options when available. They where also pretty efficient when driven at lower currents.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you supply the LED, Curt only makes lights with premium bin "cool" white XP-G R5.
Although most lights are available with UV, IR, or any available XP-E color by special order.
Strange. Peak's site still lists the eiger with the Neutral White option. But when I tried to add any Eiger configuration to my shopping cart, the site returns a message like this:

The Eiger AAA/10440MATERIAL : HA BODY STYLE : Lug COLOR : Neutral BEAM ANGLE : Wide POWER LEVEL : 8 is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item

I guess that's because the non-QTC model is no longer made.

I just bought an Eiger Rebel (level 8 wide) on CPF Marketplace. It was billed as warm but is cooler than my 5A/5B/5C beams, so I think the seller was mistaken. It looks as though my only hope of getting a warm Peak AAA or AA (without the hassle of sending the emitter to Curt) is to wait for another Eiger Rebel in warm.

Bob can special order from Peak for you too.[/QUOTE]

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak's site is not maintained for various reasons, business related.

RMSK is the only reliable way to get lights at this time.

The Rebel Eigers are Hen's teeth at this point. I know if I had one, it would probably be buried with me.

To get warm, buy a bare LED and send it to Curt to build you a light. Then be very patient. Good things come to those who wait....

Latest posts