Who Wants an RC-09?

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
I'm in :)
1. 1x AA/14500, 500 lumens on high, 180 medium, 50 low and a max 1 lumen moonlight mode (no strob or SOS, or at least hidden special modes). Side switch, tailstanding with magnet on a tailcap. Reversible clip. 200 yards throw and a reasonable flood.
2. It would be good allrounder. Suitible for walking my dog, or for using it hands free in a workshop as a headlamp (Reversible clip), or attached somewhere with a magnet.
Thanks for the oportunity :)

Last edited:

7magnum

Newly Enlightened
Dream light would be made of titanium, titanium clip. I would use it e.d.c.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
My dream light would be a PD35 offered in neutral white tint, a firefly mode 1 lumens or less, titanium body, Cree XP-L and has a throw of 300+ meters. I would be able to show it off at night with its lighting capabilities and in the day time to show how cool the titanium body looks. I would edc every other day with my pd35! I would also use it when I go on walks at night with my girlfriend and dog at the park since it is pitch black!
Thanks for the opportunity

GunnarGG

Enlightened
My dream light would be a PD35 like light but with the UI of the old LD10, 20 or PD30.
And a neutral white LED.
Maybe also USB charging with the charging port hidden so you expose it by untwisting the head or tail, no rubber cover.
Or alternatively magnetic charging connection.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep the ideas coming. The Fenix engineers will read these comments. THEN, you may win one also. Best wishes to all!
iwant.jpg

stephenk

Enlightened
I'd like a lightweight, 1 x AA headlamp, with neutral white high CRI emitter, and 3 modes (<1 lumen, 50 lumen, 200+ lumen).
For running, a flashing or solid red lamp on the back (with seperate switch to the main front lamp) may be useful.

Last edited:

akhyar

Enlightened
A zoomie which uses a single 18650 or 26650 battery, with moonlight mode of 0.1l or lower, and fully regulated up to turbo mode.
For tint, neutral white with high CRI is desireable.
Usage wise, maybe for hunting or jungle trekking

jal

Newly Enlightened
I've been using a TK75 as a photography spot. I love it. It would be really quite amazing if there were a model with (an attachment for? I know it would be niche product) an optical slave that would toggle it to turbo and back to turn it into a studio strobe.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The basis of my dream light looks like this:
*AA, even though 18650s have become so prevalent I still prefer AA for the commonality
*Focusable such as the FD40 but focuses down enough to where the beam is a square, at least 80k candela when fully focused
*No bigger than the TK45
*Triple button UI. A main power button and then a ramp up button and a ramp down
*Neutral white
*Sub 1 lumen moonlight mode
*Instant access to moonlight and turbo from both off and on. Hold down the ramp down button for moonlight and the ramp up button for turbo
*Ability to chose whether there is or isn't mode memory
*No battery holder, all machined battery slots like the LD75C has.
*A beacon mode like the TK45 has
*XPL-HI

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dream light begins with an almost impossible option: in the head, immediately below the reflector is Led #1, which is cool white, a rotation of a round, ball like mechanism which is in a spring mounted system that allows the current LED to move away from the reflector and rotates to select another choice- possibly 2 or even 4 LEDs that can be selected at any time. Besides cool white, a Nichia 219b with hi CRI, in neutral or warm and perhaps an UV LED, or colors, etc. because this mechanism is a little larger than most, there is room for the driver, which in addition to being able to handle multiple emitters, while also allow for for a wide range of body tubes(16340, 18350, 18650, multiple of same as well an AA config. The light will be programmable similar to the ones currently available from BLF, with ToyKeeper's Bistro software. Moonlight & thermal control included.
Thanks for the giveaway Fenix Store!

fran82

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the chance. Sadly I still dont have any Fenix flashlight so far.. this could be a good chance... hope to win

SPECS.................

A flashlight that uses preferably 2x AA NiMh and has USB recharge function.... with variable brightness via a rotating ring.. or at least 5 modes.. (moonlight, 10, 100, 300 and +500 lumens) using just 2x aa NiMh batteries.

Also it should have "normal things" such as square anodized threads.... pocket clip...

but USB rechrging is a MUST..

ENVIRONMENT.....

I will use it in all environment... just a everyuse flashlight... as edc... To store it in the glovebox of te car... in the toolbox... in the house..... when going outdoors.. etc

Today all flashlights should have usb recharguing function... very versatile function..

Cheers! Good luck to all. Hope to win that masterpiece...

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My want list is simple. Give me a light with neutral tint 2XAA and a moonlight mode. I've been looking for a working mans flashlight to be used in a greasy dust filled environment, so far many have failed. I need something tough with aggressive knurling to prevent drops. Water proof of course. L-m-h-turbo interface with a hidden moonlight. Somewhere around 250-300 lumens on turbo for assessing water/steamlines overhead. : )

thanks Fenix, keep up the good work!

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
I would love a flashlight that had say a tube the size for a 26650 pd40 like however it would be able to take multiple style batteries somehow an adjustable battery holder that would allow for anything from aaa to 26650 to power it. Granted based on the battery the light emitted would change and or run times would be massively different

PartyPete

Enlightened
Something maybe 4x AA powered. Extremely floody. Something to really light up a backyard or field. 4 well spaced modes, maybe even hidden strobe and SOS. Neutral white tint. And of course, well made and durable like always with Fenix.

Esko

Enlightened
Since there are no results posted, I assume that the draw is still open.

I want a headlamp with an electric zoom. Make it with say 3 leds; one with an aspheric lens (or deep reflector), one with a semi throw reflector and one with a wide&even flood lens (or no lens at all). The zooming would be done with a twist knob. Make it out of metal, IP7, power it with one (or 2) 18650 and use neutral white emitter. The power level selection should be wide and include a moonlight mode and the modes should be with usefully distinct intervals (say 0,4lm, 4lm, 40lm, 200lm, 600lm) and the light must always be possible to turn on low. I would use it in all kinds of adventuring and questing related activities.

edit: I am aware that Fenix hasn't really seen the usefulness of low low modes while designing the current light selection. RC11 for example; the second lowest mode (50lm) is called low and the lowest mode (10lm) is called "Eco", dismissing the other useful aspects of low modes. If it helps, you could market the 1 lumen modes and lower as night vision preserving modes. Thanks for the consideration. :)

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
CONGRATULATIONS TO POCKETLIGHT88! You are the winner of the RC09 GiveAway. Please email your shipping address to [email protected]. We expect to ship your light out Tuesday, March 29.

Thank you, everyone, for participating. These are great ideas which will all be read by the Fenix engineers.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CONGRATULATIONS TO POCKETLIGHT88! You are the winner of the RC09 GiveAway. Please email your shipping address to [email protected]. We expect to ship your light out Tuesday, March 29.

Thank you, everyone, for participating. These are great ideas which will all be read by the Fenix engineers.
fenix-store,
thanks for your on-going support of our community!

Congrats to pocketlight88! :)