who's BROKE a Fenix Flashlight?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the pill in an L1P push into the head so far there is no contact with the body. 1st time it did not work I cleaned all the contacts on the board and tube and it worked again. 2nd time no luck. The bits still work: The L1P head works on a Civictor body and the Civictor head works on the L1P body but L1P head does not work on the L1P body.

-

An 'LD30' would be rather long - like a 3AA minimaglight. Maybe that is why Fenix does not sell one.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried for some time to break a Fenix but have failed, however I've lost one if that counts?
Christo_pull_hair.gif

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have broke one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WvhJWE3_Oc

However, the light was not given a choice or chance of not breaking...

First of all no, I've not had a Fenix break on me. My son's E01 went through at least one cycle in the washer and came out working perfecly after I found it jammed in the rubber door seal. My P2D's had it's share of knocks and drops with only a little cosmetic damage. TK10 and P3D are still like new (well the P3D is almost new).

Great vid Marduke, I think I saw that before I started posting here. Would that be a DW-5600E on your wrist? :)

DM51

Flashaholic
LightWalker, your last post has been removed. Please be advised that there is no place here for that sort of half-baked religious/political nonsense.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like others on here I broke a T1, it took a lot of effort and time, but it broke in the end.

See HERE for full details.

Dam good lights.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightWalker, your last post has been removed. Please be advised that there is no place here for that sort of half-baked religious/political nonsense.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. I apologise for going off topic.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • LD01 SS - developed a short in the head while sitting unused on a shelf for a week. The installed (and previously fresh) L92 was completely drained. The head will only function now on a different body with anodized threads.
  • L0D CE Q2 SE - wife's keychain light would not light up after not being turned on for a month. The installed L92 was fine. Cleaning the positive contact point fixed the problem and it's been fine since.
  • E1 - would not light up after sitting unused on a shelf for about six months. As with the L0D, the installed L92 was fine, and cleaning the positive contact point fixed the problem and it's been fine since.
And the weird one...

• L1P - the finish on the head and body is deteriorating. The light was packed away in a box for about a year. Last time I pulled it out the head and body (though not the tailcap) have a very odd, matte finish with a noticeably different feel than the tailcap or any of the parts from my other Fenix lights of the same vintage. This was definitely not the case when the light got packed away, and I'm at a loss to explain why the finish would deteriorate like this.

passive101

Enlightened
P2D taillight failure. Fenix store sent me a new one for free.

I'm looking at a PD30 now.

Last edited:

Matt7337

Enlightened
None so far (touch wood), I have a VERY HEAVILY used L0D on my keychain - my secondary EDC - and there's barely a day that it isn't used. I have a lot of keys on my bunch too so it gets lots of abuse in my pocket and the HAIII anod is in surprisingly good condition considering that.

Interesting that I should see this thread today. I have been wanting a TK11 R2 to replace my TK11 Q5 for some time now and intend on buying one shortly. I was away for a short break in Co. Donegal last weekend and whilst on our way to the beach for a late night walk (Read: flashlight testing session!) I dropped my TK11 on some gravel and chipped the anodising slightly. This annoyed me for about 5 seconds, then I decided that since it was already marked, I would have some fun with the light.

I turned it on, put it on high mode and started to repeatedly throw it as high in the air as I could and let it hit the wet sand. It survived this every time. I then started throwing it in the sea, shallow enough that I could walk in and retrieve it. I did that about 5 times. The light got a LOT of abuse that night, and it still functions perfectly. The sand actually did no damage whatsoever to the anodising and the only mark on my TK11 is the one that was sustained when I dropped it on the gravel that night. It survived a lot of very hard impacts and I am totally impressed with the durability - so much so that it has replaced my RA Twisty as an EDC for now, until I get the twisty back after it's warranty repair by Henry.

Btw I had my Dereelight DBS V1 with the 3SD Cree Q5 and the SMO reflector out that night as well, and the beam on that thing is AMAZING when you get it out in a very open area in darkness!

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
  • LD01 SS - developed a short in the head while sitting unused on a shelf for a week. The installed (and previously fresh) L92 was completely drained. The head will only function now on a different body with anodized threads.
  • L0D CE Q2 SE - wife's keychain light would not light up after not being turned on for a month. The installed L92 was fine. Cleaning the positive contact point fixed the problem and it's been fine since.
  • E1 - would not light up after sitting unused on a shelf for about six months. As with the L0D, the installed L92 was fine, and cleaning the positive contact point fixed the problem and it's been fine since.

All 3 (definitely the second and third) sound like a case of lack of maintenance (cleaning). Not exactly what I would call "broken".

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
PD30 - LED cover fell off. That dome piece that sits on the LED.

TK11 R2 - Shipped with faulty tailcap that would get stuck and wouldn't turn off.

I sent in my TK11 R2 to be replaced and was sent a TK10. Which I like better for what it was used for (close quarter tactics).

This is why I just stick with company X (No need to mention names).

LethalWeapon

Newly Enlightened
The only inconvenience I had with my TK10 was when I first bought it. Within about 2 hours of getting it and playing with it the damn rubber switch cap cracked open, fortunately the store I bought it from promptly sent me a new one without any hassle. To this day I still haven't figured out why it cracked open.

Rotorhead

Newly Enlightened
I have broken two l2d's (actually the same one twice, as I purchased a replacement head). I dropped it and it fell square on the head onto concrete and quit working. I ordered a new head and after 9 months dropped it with the same result. After that I decided against another one and so I ordered an ndi r2. It looked fairly rugged and I figured that being only one cell it was lighter and if dropped would hit with less force. I have to say I liked the fenix but won't have another.