Why is ArmyTek maligned or ignored in this Forum?

wweiss

Enlightened
MX421: I agree - AT's have double O-rings and no issues with water. My one Zebralight can not stand out in the rain without penetration into the battery tube...

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
As many know, I'm a fan of Zebralight but I have bought many Armytek Headlamps and after having used some of them for a long time I can bring my opinion.
If I remember correctly I bought my first Armytek (Wizard XP-L) in 2016 - I bought it on the Dutch website as a light for guests when hiking with more people (I do not like to put my precious Zebralights in inexperienced hands)

I continued to use this light, in the house, in the garden and in any way possible (this is to "not to wear out" my Zebralight)
This light has never failed, its only flaw is a single and unique small flash 2 seconds after starting to the Firefly level 2

Satisfied with this Wizard "basic version" I bought the same light with the USB magnet tailcap and I was very happy, it has always been with me for about 2 years - it has been used and abused without any problem, used a lot at the turbo level during the daily walks, it has also fallen many times on earth but is still fully functional.
Only the paint is a little worn at the rubber support (I use an old Armytek rubber support)
It has often been used in the rain and washed frequently even under the tap.

As a Headlamp enthusiast, I find its perfect beam for use in the forest, I've never had a tint lottery (good selection from the Dutch seller ?)
The interface is good and it's easy to use.

Overall I bought approximately 6 Wizard "basic" (XP-L) and approximately 7 Elf C2 (all headlamp with warm tint) - some I have kept for me as a backup, others I bought on behalf of friends, others I gave her as a gift.

One of them (Wizard model) was donated to a girl who travels the world and she took it with him to Macchu Picchu, then to Tibet, without any problem.
Another (ELf C2) is used by a volunteer firefighter, when it is not used in service is used by his children, no one has yet broken his light.

I prefer the XP-L Wizard, it is much more powerful than the Elf C2, the Elf C2 also has a lower button which can be more difficult to use with gloves.
The Elf has a handy illuminated button that marks the battery charge, it is comfortable for non-flashaolics people but for me it is not of great importance, I am glad that the Wizard does not have it.

However I am also happy with Elf C2 I paid them little (buy at the offer price) and use of couples on bicycle handlebars.

After making a good opinion I thought about buying the Wizard Pro version but before doing so I hesitated for a long time because I also read so many complaints (almost always concerning Pro versions) even the seller (years 2016/2017) has confirmed to me that many Pro version lights sold by him have come back for warranty replacement.
Then in 2018 I learned from him that the new Wizard Pro have become reliable and I decided to buy a Pro version (XHP 50) unfortunately, although it worked well and also had a nice tint I returned it after 24 hours. (I was disappointed with the performance, in my opinion it did not provide the declared power)

I do not know if with the Wizard "Basic version" I was just only lucky or if it is about the seller who tests the lights before shipping them but probably the Wizard Basic versions are very reliable (they are simple and what is not present can not be broken )
I was tempted to buy other Armytek models but I'm afraid buy a problematic light (especially with Pro versions)

Regarding Armytek customer service I can say that they are very friendly and have always responded quickly to requests for information.

However as a brand I still prefer again Zebralight, my most beautiful light is a old H600Fw MKII but it is kept as a relic :)
I'd like to see a Zebralight with the Magnet USB charging
I hope all this is quite understandable, I wrote this using Google Translate.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite all the things I've read in these pages and elsewhere about AT's customer service, warranty fix requirements, and driver problems, I still wanted to purchase one of their warm tinted headlamps because, well, it's obvious that they are the only headlamp manufacturer that truly means "warm" when they are talking about the LEDs they use.

However, twice now, using the codes provided by them over in their sub-forum, I cannot seem to get a $42 AA headlamp shipped to me in the US for anything less than $30.

No thank you.