Wildcat 18650 Sequence of Parts

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I have read many reviews of the Malkoff Wildcat head where people prefer to use it without the diffuser installed. They said it is still floody, but with noticeable increased throw. So when I received my Wildcat 18650 today I unscrewed the bezel and removed the diffuser. Unfortunately along with the diffuser came a rubber O-Ring, a flat black hard washer, and the glass lens. These more or less tumbled out, no harm done, nothing broken. I decided I prefer to use the Wildcat with the diffuser installed, as purchased. But I can't for the life of me figure out which order the rubber O-Ring, diffuser, flat hard washer, and lens need to be reinstalled to be as purchased. I tried putting the rubber O-Ring in the bezel first, then the diffuser, then the flat hard washer, then the Glass Lens and screwed it back on and it works, but I don't know if I compromised the integrity of the water resistance with this sequence.

Does anybody know and can tell me the exact order of these 4 components, starting from the outside most location in the bezel?

Thanks in advance for any help.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Looking at my WildCat now...I don't seem to have a black hard washer....

I don't think the spacer is critical, but the diffusion lens should be installed with the textured side facing the LED.

FYI - the latest versions of the WC and HD XP-L use a diffusion lens: a 10-degree version in the WC and a 1-degree in the HD. With the diffusion lenses removed from both, the beam patterns are very similar, the WC having a slightly wider hot spot and better spill - but both are concentrated, high-candela beams. The 10-degree lens is what turns the WC into a flood beam, the 1-degree used in the HD slightly smooths the beam, but the distinct rings of Saturn remain.

FWIW, I find the WC with a 5-degree lens to be a really nice balance of throw (20k cd) and spill, producing a wide, smooth beam with no rings or artifacts. With a tritium tube installed in the LF tailcap, it remains my bed stand light;

WCMD2-3.jpg