will surefire replace laser products stuff? UPDATE..

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al- dont you think that they should have at least offerd me a modern day replacment? i meen at least a spares carrier or somthing in that matter.

Size15's

Flashaholic
benchmade_boy said:
Al- dont you think that they should have at least offerd me a modern day replacment? i meen at least a spares carrier or somthing in that matter.

It's impossible for me to say what they should or shouldn't have done because I wasn't part of the phone call.

There is a good chance I would have offered you a couple of Spares Carriers if I thought that would be a helpful substitute based on what you had said and the way you said it.

You may like to try calling them again and speaking to somebody else...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like they don't discontinue things so much as they upgrade them - that's good to hear!

Hopefully, they'll always make at least one light with a 1.25" bezel so they'll always have a reason to warrant the FM34 Beamshaper.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just because something is discontinued, doesnt mean that they cant replace it with something else. Like Size15s said, current versions of discontinued products will be sent to you as replacements. I once melted an old M3 head, the kind with the Lexan lens and they replaced it with a current kind with the hex bezel. Still, Im surprised SureFire didnt offer anything at all for your loss.

not2bright

Enlightened
benchmade_boy,

Wait a few days and call back. You will probably get someone else in customer service who may do something else for you.

If that doesn't work, go the standard route and ask to speak with their manager. Work your way up the chain, explaining to each person that you thought Surefire has the best products/warranty.

My $.02

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
here in a week i am going to take it to my local dealer and see what they say they are pretty good about stuff but if they dont do anything i will call them again and if i still get the same reply i will try and sell it sinse its not completly broke yet but i will let them know about the situation.

amlim

Enlightened
Size15's said:
It's not that simple and there is an important difference worth noting.

The 6Z was superseded. The 6Z was replaced by the Z2. Additionally, if any component of the 6Z specifically requires replacement there is parts interchangeability with current models. The Lamp Assembly (P60) is the same. The TailCap is currently the Z41 LOTC although SureFire likely have non-LOTC in stock for those who use the Sxx tape pressure switch still.
The bezel is currently the Z44 with it's hexagonal anti-roll styling and Pyrex window although SureFire likely have stock of the Z17 Lexan Lens (window) replacement kit if that's all that is damaged.
The body can be replaced by the current Z2 body.

This is the case of most SureFire products - they have either been superseded or there is currently a similar model that can be offered as a replacement.

Much of SureFire's 'Classic' range is supported because it supports it's 'Classic' WeaponLight range for example. The 3V R30 Lamp Assembly is used by lots of old handgun WeaponLights and so users of the discontinued 3P can get replacements even though the 3P was replaced by the E1 and now the E1e.

The 12B is one of the exceptions where there is no current version, nor a similar product. There aren't very many similar exceptions. The "T" Series and T-62 TurboHeads (including the N62 lamp assembly I believe) have no direct replacement although there are modern versions. To purists they have no current equal.

Al

al, thanks for your thoughts / opinion.

Latest posts