Will these solar lights provide sufficient illumination?

jezbel

Newly Enlightened
Hello kind people,

This is Jezbel, I am considering buying a couple of these lights to put at the front gate of my parents small farm property in the greater Houston, TX area.

They currently have a manually operated gate, and do not have any electricity at the gate. The house is about 400 ft down the driveway, and the street that leads to the gate has no street lighting.

The light is 900 lumens....is that sufficient?

SO! till they get electricity at the gate, I was wondering, is this light any good? Is it bright enough, for example, if we put 2 at the entrance, which is about 10 feet wide, is it enough light to be able to get out of the car and open the gate, or check the mail?

Yes, the cars do have headlights, but we want a second option.

[h=1]Sunforce 80 LED solar motion light - Lumen output: 900[/h]
  • Features amorphous solar panel with 15 ft of wire, 80 LED solar motion light, 5-pack AA rechargeable batteries, and mounting hardware
  • Fully weatherproof design and charges in all weather conditions
  • No main power or wiring required
  • Lumen output: 900
  • Detection distance: 30 feet, detection range: 180 degrees
Much appreciated,
Jezbel

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
In most cases, lumen ratings are exaggerated and are based on new, fully recharged battery for first few seconds but if they are motion sensored and not running all night also two, I think they should be OK but don't expect like electric powered lights.
The next thing you need to consider is if other cars passing around may cause motion sensor activated and drain batteries.

Latest posts