Will UK buyers have to pay import duty / tax + cusomts charges / Repacking fees?

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Allways wanted one of vinhy's Lighs, but can I expect an extra hit on the way in, or not as its not from an actual shop as such?

I am maby thing of sending a light to be modded just wondering on what it would cost to send it there an back (D40A) if he is still modding them. No idea when it would be though.

ven

Flashaholic
Allways wanted one of vinhy's Lighs, but can I expect an extra hit on the way in, or not as its not from an actual shop as such?

I am maby thing of sending a light to be modded just wondering on what it would cost to send it there an back (D40A) if he is still modding them. No idea when it would be though.

Hi there Anthony,i have only had 2 lights off vinh........so far:D and both times have been issue free,too add it gets to the UK quite quick compared to previous(other) buys from around the world.

So in short dont let it put you off,worse case it will only be a small amount and still cheaper,as well as more than worth it anyway as vinhs lights are better than fantastic imho............

The D40A is a small light anyway,so even less chance:)

Little digression here,i am still waiting from a mail i sent about a £24 charge on a marked $50 light from early December.Maybe most dont challenge and just pay,but almost 100% duty charge.........me thinks not:nana:

Only warning is be prepared for more vinh lights in the future:D

PM vinh and ask the Q,may take a short while to get back as obv very busy,imho there must be 10 vinhs as so efficient at everything:laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
To add he will get back:thumbsup: just keep pm short and to the point to save his time:thumbsup:

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Hes quicker than light, (pun intended) he got back to me, as I just asked if he had an idea if Id incure charges ect, but he has said it is unlikely.

As for the mod I am liklyy just gonna get the basic mod he dose to them plus have it engraved (No point getting a modded light without anything to show for it XD).

Basicly current boost + keep the NW tint I think, I want to have it modded for throw over highest output so unsure if that means I want it dedomed or not (I think dedomeing improves throw but lowers out put??) But I will ask him when I send it off in a mounth ish, providing funds allow.

It looks like his basic mods adds around 400 lumens without dedome and just the lumens increases throw, I dont know if he dose anything else to increase the throw or not though (I dont know anything about modding or what would effect the throw other than refelctor size / depth / shape / texture but they cant be changed obvously.)

ven

Flashaholic
Fantastic:D de-dome iirc looses about 10% but not really noticeable,but will give it more throw,i would go de-dome:D
Smooth reflector for throw,orange peel for flood again iirc

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
cool, It will be a NW DeDomed then lol, when I can afford it lol, it comes with OP reflector stock but I dont think there is anything that can be done about that unfortantly.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure exactly on the effect an orange peel reflector and de-dome,sure others could advise far better than me:D

Shooter21

Enlightened
Not sure exactly on the effect an orange peel reflector and de-dome,sure others could advise far better than me:D
As previously mentioned when you de-dome an LED you loose about 10 percent overall brightness but you get more distance with it. If you want maximum distance you want a de-domed torch with a perfectly smooth reflector. An orange peeled reflector with a stock LED will give you a smoother and wider beam which won't throw as far.