WiseLED Xtruder LED Crew served weapon light

polarion

Newly Enlightened
Seems like the SF Hellfighter was an easy match! Can't wait to see how it stands up against the NightReaper!

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a powerful light, have the specs been released for this yet like lumens and lux.

Looks over 7000lumens although i would love to see how far it can get those lumens down range a 500m/1000m long range test comparison between the Night reaper would be interesting.
That last video was a little to short range to really show any of those lights justice.

But still top work on a great light :).

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem I see is that the area lights are rechargeable, which means they have to go offline and recharge every couple of hours (2.5 hrs on high per spec). I can see where that could be a gamechanger in some circumstances.

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
Regarding the area lights. As a WiseLED area light user, the setup is 2+2 / 4+4. 4 in the box with access to chargers, 4 on the tripods (2 chargers in the 2+2 kit) . You can of course use all at the same time. The runtime can be extended of course if you adjust the output. The idea with the area lights is for first response use. You have the kit charged, and the kit is deployed in minutes. How you choose to use it depends on the situation. Tripod vs handheld ++. The 2 hours + gives you enough light and runtime to control the area and then replace the lights with fully charged units if you need full output over longer period of time. This will of course require access to power outlet for the charging stations in the hardcases :).

Last edited:

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
I think this light above is not the area lights they sell as they look different but a dedicated weapon light with 7x LED third one along, i am assuming 7x xml or SST-90 maybe.
Wiseled.png

StephanTM

Newly Enlightened
That is correct. The LED light between the Night Reaper and the Maxabeam is the WiseLED Xtruder. The area light setup is based on the standard WiseLED rechargable models.

I think this light above is not the area lights they sell as they look different but a dedicated weapon light with 7x LED third one along, i am assuming 7x xml or SST-90 maybe.
Wiseled.png

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a powerful light, have the specs been released for this yet like lumens and lux.

Looks over 7000lumens although i would love to see how far it can get those lumens down range a 500m/1000m long range test comparison between the Night reaper would be interesting.
That last video was a little to short range to really show any of those lights justice.

But still top work on a great light :).

Yep, range too short to see what is going on. Beam looks tight on Wiseled. Need a shot at 150 to 400 yards to see it better...

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can it keep the beam tight at further distance with its multi emitter style ?

the beamshot of that poor car gettin its *** kicked was 99.9% of 5 football fields away. i'd say its a thrower. looked awesome to my old eyes. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

wise

Newly Enlightened
Hi all . The beam is consistent within 1,3 degree halvangle, providing a 26 meter spot at 1000 meters, lux evenly distributed through the spot. .

A earlier prototype provided 0,3 lux at 1500 meters ( Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seJD9mAqS4o). The production models cranks out 900000 lux @ meter. Regarding lumens; for this model the amount of lumens is second priority, throw is all that matters. The LEDs are carefully chosen depending on end user requirements; if you need a wide beam/less throw; different LEDs are chosen.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it is much more likely that this is 7 x XP-G2 (or similar non-CREE LED), because XP-G2 gives a tighter beam than XM-L2 in the same sized reflector. The 25W power specification also suggests XP-G2 instead of XM-L2. My guesstimate is that the LEDs are driven around 1.2A and the light outputs between 1900 and 2500 lumens.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You may be onto something Lurveleven. The NR is dumping a lot more light at closer range from its corona. The WiseLED is holding a much tighter beam but it appears to be doing it with less light output.

If I understood Wise correctly, that particular prototype is projecting a 1.3° beam. An XM-L simply can't do that with 25-50mm aperture. To my eye the individual reflectors appear to be about 35mm. Additionally it sounds like they might offer an alternate LED if a wider beam is desired. While I think this wider angle options would make the better target acquisition and searchlight, 7 x 35mm reflectors with XM-L2's will only give about 250K lux. On the plus side, it would have about 7000K lumens.

It seems to me that for the same overall aperture size (125-150mm est.), a 85-100W HID would still be the better option. It could hit close to 1m lux, produce 7500-9000L and do it all with a more advantageous color temperature.

Remember this BVH creation...

PH50

88W Blitz