• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN McGizmo Ti-PD S

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti-PD S New Pic's Added ***Price Drop***

Ben, I'll completely agree with AWTYD's observation above...when push come to shove, the two McGizmo in my collection that I will NEVER sell are my LS20 and PD-S...and this one is being offered at a great price now, seriously you should go grab this!

Oh wow, 2 Haikus.
How much were they sold for when it was offered in a normal wave?
Doesn't make any difference what the price was back then. It's what they're worth in today's value. And in my opinion, they are just better EDC's. But to answer your question, I think they listed for about $425, maybe?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Three piece design, I thought they were $475 or $525?

EDIT, I was wrong. :p

Hi guys,

I have about 40 titanium PD-S sets....

These lights are $440 ($450 - Mizer) plus shipping and any insurance (domestic only) requested. By default, I will ship by either priority mail or international priority mail unless requested to ship in a different fashion.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

This light is nearly down to the winning bid I paid to get my PD-S during the last McGizmo auction in 2009. Given how much rarer they are nowadays, the remaining price difference is basically meaningless. I'm really surprised nobody's jumped on this.

fyrstormer

Banned

So the beam pattern is like the present Haiku? What emitter does it have?
Yes, the beam pattern is very similar to the Haiku. The hotspot is a bit more defined, and the spill isn't quite as bright, but that's it. The driver can be modified to increase the current on the high setting to make it comparable or brighter than a Haiku, if desired.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all those information.
As it stands without any modifications, can this take a RCR123 3.7v rechargeable?
What sort of runtime can I expect on high with a primary CR123a?

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every one of these lights is a piece of history, nevermind that it still holds it's own as a top end performer.

For me, the whole thing comes down to the PD idea, and how ingenious it really is. You gotta have a Ti PD, or a Ti PD Mule if you really want a piece of real McGizmo. These are his crowning achievements...two levels progressive twisty with instant on both levels from the piston. Checkmate. Of course, the LS20/27 are designs that take this idea and add yet another level...but the main idea is the piston drive giving you access to both levels via either the twist or the push.

obi

Tim W

Enlightened

Thanks for all those information.
As it stands without any modifications, can this take a RCR123 3.7v rechargeable?
What sort of runtime can I expect on high with a primary CR123a?

Rechargeablea are NO problem. They're all I've ever run in it. Run time on a primary is about an hour on high.

Thanks
tim

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every one of these lights is a piece of history, nevermind that it still holds it's own as a top end performer.

For me, the whole thing comes down to the PD idea, and how ingenious it really is. You gotta have a Ti PD, or a Ti PD Mule if you really want a piece of real McGizmo. These are his crowning achievements...two levels progressive twisty with instant on both levels from the piston. Checkmate. Of course, the LS20/27 are designs that take this idea and add yet another level...but the main idea is the piston drive giving you access to both levels via either the twist or the push.

obi

I'm interested, are the ti-pd's variable brightness or just 2 level?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are 2 level slectable either by pressing the piston lightly for low and harder for high. This is temporary mode and the light will only stay on while the piston is depressed. You can also twist the head and select both levels depending on how far you twist the head in. In this mode the light stays on until you unscrew the head until the light goes off.