• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop) [[MORE PICS]]

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: milkyspit Exolion Ti & Lummi Raw Ti combo (2nd Drop) [[MORE PICS]]

This light was in bad shape when I received it... going from memory, the light engine was completely destroyed (fried Flupic driver, cooked LED, emitter board shorted and showing scorch marks), the lens o-ring was either damaged or non-existent, and the lens itself was badly chipped. I installed a new o-ring, new lens, new Flupic, new emitter board, and new emitter. The fit worked fine (though of course dimmer) on a primary CR2 cell, I do recall that... but I did not have an AW brand RCR2 to try, nor did the light reach me with one.

Some thoughts...

1. It's entirely possible the UCL that I used is a little thicker than the stock lens. I only had that one piece to use in replacing the stock lens, and everything was working fine so never thought much of that.

2. It's also possible the lens o-ring is slightly thicker than that used in the stock light.

3. The Flupic might add a slight bit of height by virtue of pushing the emitter board itself slightly higher in the stack, though I don't recall seeing any real difference in height before vs. after.

4. The reflector could be turned down a bit easily on a lathe. BiB, let me know if you need the replacement reflector.

To accommodate that AW brand RCR2, I would suggest sourcing a thinner o-ring or if you don't need to same degree of weatherproofness, omitting the o-ring altogether (your call on that)... and replacing the UCL with the thinnest mineral glass lens available. I suspect those two changes will be enough to accommodate the AW brand RCR2 protected cell.

If you'd rather go with the shortened reflector, which will make the beam slightly more floody but otherwise would work fine, let me know and I'll get you one.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your contribution Scott. I'm gonna withdraw this for now because the more I think about it, the light really isn't in 100% sell able condition. I'll call you later to discuss where we go from here then I'll update the thread as it pertains to the sale. Be back soon everyone....