Wizard / Wizard Pro. Multi-flashlights.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the answer and the correction. On paper this light is very attractive. 2300 (2000otf I suppose) lumens with 1 hour runtime seem high compared to the v2 xm-l2 1050lm 1h6min with the same cell.

Turbo2 = 2300 (1h), Turbo1 = 1250lm (1h40min), 500lm (4h10min),210lm (10h40мin), 40lm (50h), 7lm (12d), 2lm (40d), 0.25lm (200d), Strobe3: 10Hz, Turbo2, 2h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Turbo2, 3.5h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Main2, 35h
Amazing specs!!! So tempting!!

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
if I had not won a Tiara A1, I would not have thought to buy a Wizard. The Tiara is small, solid with good performance but I want more light and I have so many 18650...I'm a light junky.

ShishouMatt

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about ordering one....

I have Nitecore HC90vn, HC30, and Zebralight H600f III headlamps for comparison... But not sure if I should pull the trigger on another headlight and be a review source versus waiting on reviews.

Hrmmmmm >_<

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
We should ask to Woods Walker to buy it first and do a review. He has some Amytek headlight. I do not know how many days I'll hold without ordering...I don't think I will be able to wait for the first review🙂

clemence

Newly Enlightened
@Shishou: I think you should do the review with all those lights! =)
@Gizmo: I told myself to wait at least 6 months before I buy it. I got my Wizard Pro v3 less than a year, it's superior and extremely useful so far...... But I don't know how long I can hold the urge

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
My first headlight is a chinese cheap (20.00) 6000lm advertised. Probably 1500-2000 in real life. Two 18650 and I like it. It is because of this light I'm in the flashaholic world. I wanted some informations about Trustfire 18650 cells...6 months ago. Since that time, I have bought all the lights and chargers I have in my signature...

des photos

http://s.aliexpress.com/U7ZfyMBF
3 LED Headlight 6000 Lumens Cree XM-L T6 Head Lamp High Power LED Headlamp +2pcs 18650 5000mah battery Charger+car charger

Last edited:

LumenToro

Newly Enlightened
Hey ArmyTek

As soon as it was mentioned in this forum that the new Wizard was out, I tried to buy the Warm version but it is listed as out of stock.

Did it run out of stock that quickly or simply it is not yet available?

When do you expect the Warm version to be available? I will buy it right away!

Thanks very much.

Hi! Sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes, we were changing information on the website - that`s why you faced with incorrect specifications.

1. No, it is not a pre-released versions. You can read about it here. We have tested it in a good way.
2. Yes, the temperature range is similar.

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the answer and the correction. On paper this light is very attractive. 2300 (2000otf I suppose) lumens with 1 hour runtime seem high compared to the v2 xm-l2 1050lm 1h6min with the same cell.

Turbo2 = 2300 (1h), Turbo1 = 1250lm (1h40min), 500lm (4h10min),210lm (10h40мin), 40lm (50h), 7lm (12d), 2lm (40d), 0.25lm (200d), Strobe3: 10Hz, Turbo2, 2h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Turbo2, 3.5h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Main2, 35h

The most useful benefit is the longer runtime in the Main section. Not really interested in the coffee warmer modes. Too bad it doesn't have the slow beacon mode, around 0,3 Hz.

LumenToro

Newly Enlightened
The most useful benefit is the longer runtime in the Main section. Not really interested in the coffee warmer modes. Too bad it doesn't have the slow beacon mode, around 0,3 Hz.

Some use cases, like mine, really welcome both the extra runtime on +200lm AND the maximum Turbo mode.

My use case might be peculiar (long distance mountain running i.e. 100 miles) in which we need a 200+ mode that last all night while running without having to carry or prepositioning an extra battery. The reason is that under extreme exertion/stress, the dexterity is diminished and even something as simple as changing a battery is very difficult by the end of the night and on mile 90.

The maximum mode is also VERY welcome in my case, as I normally have to also carry a high throw flashlight (in my case a NC MH20) for when we get lost and we need to scan to find the trail marker or reflector. In this case, although it has a large field of view as appropriate for a headlamp, it does have enough lumens to get intensity at enough range so that not only I don't need to carry an extra 18650 battery but also I can leave behind the throw flash light. Obviously I would always have to carry a super-compact/tiny CR123 light in case of an unlikely malfunction.

Because all the above, this headlamp (I am only waiting for the WARM version to be available to buy one or two) is a must have for any ultra-marathoner out there.

One request to Armtek will be if there is a way to simply the UI - because it is a Pro version (and the non-Pro is not available) some use cases like mine would really love just TWO programmable modes as our brain is not working right (as it happens in high stress tactical uses - so you could sever two communities).

In any case, WELL DONE Armytek.

LumenToro

Newly Enlightened
Despite what I said about the UI, now re-reading the actual manual in the website (although the only available is for v2), it looks like my request for having just two modes it is kind of there:
x2 clicks = last main mode (no matter where you are ... that is perfect)
x3 clicks = max mode (no matter where you are ... that is also perfect)

If this works as advertised in the manual, as soon as the Warm is out I have to get one!

It will be great if Armytek could confirm the above, and also give an answer on availability of the Warm version.

Well done!

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Despite what I said about the UI, now re-reading the actual manual in the website (although the only available is for v2), it looks like my request for having just two modes it is kind of there:

If this works as advertised in the manual, as soon as the Warm is out I have to get one!

It will be great if Armytek could confirm the above, and also give an answer on availability of the Warm version.

Well done!

Yes, it works. All as advertised, at least with my warm XP-L version.
One more suggestion is: can we have an instant strobe button? Under panicking or stress as Toro mentioned above, quadruple clicks seems too complicated for the brain. Let alone if the last used special mode isn't parked at strobe. Because I think the strobe is intended for surprising the enemy/self defense, or am I wrong about this?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hey ArmyTek

As soon as it was mentioned in this forum that the new Wizard was out, I tried to buy the Warm version but it is listed as out of stock.

Did it run out of stock that quickly or simply it is not yet available?

When do you expect the Warm version to be available? I will buy it right away!

Thanks very much.

Hi!
Warm version is available.
Yes, it runs out of stock so quickly :)

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Well done!

Hi!
2 clicks - main modes line
3 clicks - Turbo mode line.