Wolf-Eyes Storm R2

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently available C-bin P7 has 700-800lm/2.8A (10W) that means 70-80lm/W.

Currently available C bin has 740-960lm@2,8A, typical 800-850lm (Cree R2 level).
Look at U and then U1/U2 bin. Specs has changed many days before they become available. 700-800 C bin is still unavailable.

And Yes, Strom is very well blinding light:devil:

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just ordered the thunder version on PTS. On the storm version does the charger only charge two at a time or all three?

johnnymceldoo

Newly Enlightened
I got my Q5 storm from PTS and have been in love with it since. I have Tiablo A9 and thought that was bright till I got the storm. Its compact but heavy and built like a tank. Even with its short bulkyness I find myslef grabbing for it more than the Tiablo.

The cool thing is I can upgrade to the R2 if I want. I just unscrew the old ones and put the new ones in. For the price though Iam going to hold out for something a little brighter if they make it.

johnnymceldoo

Newly Enlightened
i just ordered the thunder version on PTS. On the storm version does the charger only charge two at a time or all three?

All 3. Very slick battery magazine and charging system. Makes you feel like you bought a quality product.

Flashlight Enthusiast
so it would do all three then, later on i may get the storm version.... one day

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like some good pictures of how big this is in the hand. Close ups and wide angle shots to get a good perspective of how big it is. Shots of the thumb on the rear button to see how easy it is to grip and operate. Thanks to anyone with shots of that. I already know its got great output.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike i have to thank you, the new R2 thunder is awesome, i wasn't expecting it till monday but some how it got here today when i selected 3 day. I like how it isn't a yellow tint like someone else said. It is now the brightest light i have

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really on the fence with either the Storm R2 or the P7 Sniper. Any comparisons between the two as far as amount of flood and throw? I'd like a happy medium between the two and it sounds like both of these might fit the bill unless I'm way off base?

daimleramg

Banned
I'm really on the fence with either the Storm R2 or the P7 Sniper. Any comparisons between the two as far as amount of flood and throw? I'd like a happy medium between the two and it sounds like both of these might fit the bill unless I'm way off base?

I dont know how much flood or throw the P7 sniper has because I dont own one but what I can tell you is that the Storm R2 is very floody because of the three R2's and has almost as much throw as a P60 pill. But if you want more throw all you have to do is buy some 23mm aspherics lenses from DX sku 04614 and your in business. Now there is no permanent way of mounting them on(unless someone has figured it out and like to tell me), all i do is use some clear tape. To toggle between having them on and off will take some time, because you have to retape it back on if you have peeled off the tape. Heres a beamshot with the lenses on, the hotspot is very bright, im guessin as bright as a 500 lumen 10watt HID.

On a sidenote, you can see the orange peel spill due to the orange peel reflectors.

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow- A perfect name for that picture would be "Eye of the Storm"! That's a pretty cool effect! Thanks for the info and cool pic daimleramg. Anybody with both have an opinion? Mike?

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine, this is one kick butt light , very well built and BRIGHT. there are so many lumens coming out the end you must make sure your holding on tight or it will fly out of your hand when you turn it on